More Neons Or Swordtails?

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well I have a 30 gallon tank with 2 pearl gouramis, 5 giant danios, 4 loachs, and now 1 swordtail and 4 neons. Now I've done my water testing and everthings great(where it should be) but 2 of my new 6 neons died leaving me with 4 and my last female sword died to stress not being in a group leaving me with one male. Now My petco is one of those good ones and said I can exchage them if any of them die, but should I get more neons or like 2 ta 3 female swordtails? My neons died to stress and they where tiny and my male swordtail seems to be happy still even though theres no females.
 
If i were you i would get two female swordtails and 1-3 more neons (i dont like keeping neons in an even-number group). This way, the male swordtail can have some girl friends, and the girls wont have as much stress because they will always have another girl with her. (When I keep livebearers, i like to keep two girls for every 1 male). Also, getting more neons will create a better school, rather than only having 4 neons, they can feel more secure in a larger group...

Well I hope that helps :D.
By the way, your tank sounds awesome! :good:
 
Thanks, :blink:
Unforchantly I wont be able to get anything soon it turns out but I'll always look.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top