More Fish Tomorrow!

Cantbesaved

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So, Most of you know me by now! =P I have a 20 gallon tank (20T) with 4 Blue Diamond Guppies, 4 Neon Tetras and 2 Otocinclus Catfish. I am going to get some more fish tomorrow, and I would like to know what fish are small like what I have already, and would be friendly and nice to watch! I am thinking I will get 2 more Oto Cats tomorrow, to make a nice little group. So maybe just 4 more of another fish would be nice. I like the shoaling fish too, they are fun! Any suggestions? Remember, I wanna keep em small. :) I just wanna get some input to see what is nice.

My girlfriend and I are going to look at them tomorrow, so we may get anything, but I just would like to know what to look for! :)

Oh, and since my last addition, my chemical levels seem excellent! I had tested very often and only at one point I found that the ammonia was Yellow, but SLIGHTLY had a tinge of green... so I could only assume it was like 0.05 - 0.10 PPM :) And it cleared up pretty fast! :) Guess I am lucking out on the cycling in this tank (Knock on wood) :D
 
Harlequins or black neon tetra's.
Harequins make nice shoaling fish and get on with most types of fish.
 
tbh I would add more neons are they prefer larger groups and would look more natural if you had a larger shoal.
 
From your OP it sounds like your still cycling your tank, is that right?

If you are, I wouldn't add any more fish until the cycle is complete (Ammonia and Nitrite at 0). The more fish you add whilst the tank is cycling, the more likely that they are to die from Ammonia or Nitrite poisoning.
 
From your OP it sounds like your still cycling your tank, is that right?

If you are, I wouldn't add any more fish until the cycle is complete (Ammonia and Nitrite at 0). The more fish you add whilst the tank is cycling, the more likely that they are to die from Ammonia or Nitrite poisoning.

Incorrect.

I have completed my cycle about 2 weeks ago. I have 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, and 5-10PPM Nitrates (in fact, tested again just now, to be 100% sure before I add more fish)
 
Was wary of saying more neon tetra as I add some more and they had ntd.
 
I would say some more neon tetra, to make a bigger group.

Maybe some more different types of tetra? - there are lots of different ones

(I'm a bit of a tetra fan :blush: )
 
Incorrect.

I have completed my cycle about 2 weeks ago. I have 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites, and 5-10PPM Nitrates (in fact, tested again just now, to be 100% sure before I add more fish)

Apologies to you, I had assumed from this comment that you were still cycling:

Guess I am lucking out on the cycling in this tank (Knock on wood)

If everything is okay then I would suggest a shoal of 8 to 10 Harlequins, they are lovely fish. Or you could put in White Clouds, they stay small.

Good luck
 

Most reactions

Back
Top