More Bristlenose Eggs

Angry_Platy

Sleepy Chook
Reaction score
Sleeping Somewhere. Or doing water changes. Or run
Well....my last batch of bnose fry are only 3 weeks old and today my catfish have done it again. There is a clutch of eggs out in the open that were laid and fertilised sometime today....I can even see the tiny embryos in the egg!! Bright orange eggs!! Being carefully watched by my male bnose, Dyson.

Sheesh...what am I going to do with 60 odd bnose fry??

I wanted to post pics here but the camera batteries weren't charged. I shall post some tomorrow!!

hopefully i've got this to come in the next few days... how plump does the femal get before laying the eggs?

what other fish do you have in with them?

u guys are luky u have bnose eggs/fry. i got 6 bnoses, how can u tell the difference?

they sell for a pretty penny in so cal...10 bucks for a 1 incher!

Chooklet My Love,

I am so jealous of you :-( . You know how much I want some bnoses :nod: . Dang, I hate not chatting with you everyday. I hate to find out everything, at the same time that the rest of the people do. :angry: (no offence people :whistle: ) I wanna see some pictures soon Ang. :lol:

My male bnose is smaller than my female (and will remain so) and has lots of bristles around the top of his nose. My female is a lot bigger and has no bristles at all (and she is fully grown).

For a list of my fish check out my signature...the eggs are in the 30gal tank.

As for my female getting big...Hard to tell....I wasn't really payiong attention....I didn't think they would lay eggs so soon...the fry are only 3 weeks old from their previous lay. I did notice that she was eating more prior to laying the eggs....like cleaning the tank in spots she normally wouldn't bother with. Also, they had started chasing each other vigorously around the tank...

Sigh....the little fry I have now (the 3 weeks olders) are SOOO cute :wub: I still need to find a home for them....if I can bear parting with them!!

Most reactions

Back