Molly Can't Swim Right Anymore And Barb Has Shredded Tail And Blo

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can tell me what to do for my black female molly. I've had her the longest for about a year now. She has been in a 10 gallon tank with a few other fish. They all live in harmony and no one in this tank has ever been sick or died.It's been up running now for about 8 months doing great. I havn't added any new fish to it that would bring any disease. So, the other day i noticed her acting strage. Unlike herself during feeding time when she usually takes over and tries to get as much as the fish food as she can. instaed she stayed kind of in the bcak. So, I removed her from the others and put her in her original tank i had her in because I didn't want the others to get sick and I already had a sick fish in this other tank that i was trying to help. Whci is doing a little better by the way. Two different diseases though. o.K. so i put her in there and that is when i can see that she cant swim . She is trying to swim but her body is going ever whcih way. She can't swim normal. she summersalts, swims on her side, does all kinds of things and tries to correct herself. She still tries to eat but her body isn't cooperating. This started actually about 5 days ago and she is still fighting it. she almost seems better but is still sick with what evr this is. There is nothing else about her that looks ill.
And since I am here talking about Molly I my as well mention my barb thats in there who is sick. dont worry he is a very mellow barb who has always been with molly's and other live bearing fish. One day I noticed him acting strange about two days before molly. And I noticed that his tail looks a bit shredded. he swims ok but still looks like he isnt quite normak. no one picks on him. they all live in harmony in this tank as well.He tries to eat but almost acts a little erratically like he forgot or something on how to do it. If  flake makes it to his mouth he will swall ow it. and thats how hes been eating. After a couple of days of this I noticed red on his cak end. Like bleeding under the skin. The next day after this it looked really bad. I started putting a med in that was a non antibiotic so it stated and was for a lot of different conditions. I didnt have enogh though but used what I had whci was only a half dose for a few days. After that and him still not being well I put in Pimafix because it says it takes care of reddening of the fins and body. It actually went away! The blood looking parts. But the fin still looks shredded. That was all the med I had on me thats why I chose those. A pet store is about 2 hours from here and i want to make sure I have the right thing that i buy if I am going to go that far. And then there is molly. What the heck is going on there? She's a fighter I know that. Please help if you can. Thanks

What are your water stats and how often are you doing water changes?

Yes, and could you also please clarify...are all these mentioned fish in a 10 gallon tank?

While we wait for the response.... I'm thinking Nitrate Poisoning with damaged swim bladder. Anyone else?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back