Mollies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

A lot of fish stores recommend starting and cycling with mollies as they are a cheap fish to do it with and you won't have any hard feelings if they die. Personally I don't think its right, if you set your tank up correctly with enough LR which has been cured then there should be no reason to need to add mollies, if you want them then keep them then get a freshwater or slightly brackish tank IMO

Found out yesterday that our lfs puts salt in all its water. I'm assuming to help shed any parasites they may have when they get new batches in. Opinions?

Kissifish said:
Found out yesterday that our lfs puts salt in all its water. I'm assuming to help shed any parasites they may have when they get new batches in. Opinions?
Great for mollies and other livebearers. Very far from great for corys and tetas.

Black mollies survive quite happily in full marine tanks,a guy i know keeps a section of his marine tank divided off and keeps mollies in there,they breed regularly and the babies swim through holes in the divider to feed his lion fish and panther grouper.

That's kinda weird CFC mollies aren't full blown saltwater fish I would't think that they would survive in a marine tank. Feeding the babies to the Lionfish is pretty cold... :sick:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back