Mission Impossible

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So, trying to do a w/c and vac on the aureus tank, was difficult enough the last week because I was wary of the fry, but the parents had been keeping them to one end of the tank. But now, they are everywhere and I mean everywhere, there is not an inch of that tank they are no around and they are tiny, so trying not to suck them up is a nightmare, plus, they seem to enjoy investigating the vac, they even think swimming up it will be a good idea - wrong.

They are insane, Im sure they have lemming tendancies :hyper:
 
I use a python, it goes straight down the drain, so not a good idea.
 
I have an idea. Do you have a tub that the hose can reach too? Fill the tub with an inch of water and add de-chlorinator. Put a bucket in the tub. Run the hose into the bucket. The fry should stay in the bucket and the extra water can over flow. If some fry over flow too they will be ok in the tub. Just make sure your tube does not over flow.

Thats my idea if you don't want to loose too many. It's crazy but just might work.

could you baby proof the end of the hose that goes in the tank some how? With a sponge or something?
 
Hmm nice idea, but being a python, its attached to the sink taps, without it, the flow is ludicrously slow, I just have to watch very very carefully as I go. I could though, put some netting over the end of the vac so they cant get up it, so thanks for that idea :good:

In another couple of weeks they will be big enough to see properly, its just right now, they are teeny still and too flippin inquisitive.
 
Hmm nice idea, but being a python, its attached to the sink taps, without it, the flow is ludicrously slow, I just have to watch very very carefully as I go. I could though, put some netting over the end of the vac so they cant get up it, so thanks for that idea :good:

In another couple of weeks they will be big enough to see properly, its just right now, they are teeny still and too flippin inquisitive.

When do you add dechlorinator if your water comes straight from the taps?
 
Hmm nice idea, but being a python, its attached to the sink taps, without it, the flow is ludicrously slow, I just have to watch very very carefully as I go. I could though, put some netting over the end of the vac so they cant get up it, so thanks for that idea :good:

In another couple of weeks they will be big enough to see properly, its just right now, they are teeny still and too flippin inquisitive.

When do you add dechlorinator if your water comes straight from the taps?

before adding the water.
 
Hmm nice idea, but being a python, its attached to the sink taps, without it, the flow is ludicrously slow, I just have to watch very very carefully as I go. I could though, put some netting over the end of the vac so they cant get up it, so thanks for that idea :good:

In another couple of weeks they will be big enough to see properly, its just right now, they are teeny still and too flippin inquisitive.

When do you add dechlorinator if your water comes straight from the taps?

Double dose prior to re-filling :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top