Mice Babies In 2 Days

They shouldnt eat thier own babies. I've even heard of people putting alot of baby mice with 1 mother and she took then right in and fed them. It's possible that there wasnt a succseful mate, but will know soon. If there arent any babies my monday, i'd put the male back in.

kk
well the male was in there for a few days.... so will wait like ya said :)
all looks promising :)
minni is making her own nest now :)

HI,
Looking forward to the baby pics if there are any.

We had 2 sister rats have babies 1 day apart and on the 3rd day the mother of the first litter born stole all the babies from the second litter. Didn't hurt them - she just wanted them all.

They ended up fighting over one poor little might so we had to borrow a tank and separate them. It's not easy to tell the difference between 2 day old baby rats and 3 day old baby rats.

It became obvious that we got a couple wrong when their fur came in but both mothers were happy with the babies they had and looked after them well.

HI,
Looking forward to the baby pics if there are any.

We had 2 sister rats have babies 1 day apart and on the 3rd day the mother of the first litter born stole all the babies from the second litter. Didn't hurt them - she just wanted them all.

They ended up fighting over one poor little might so we had to borrow a tank and separate them. It's not easy to tell the difference between 2 day old baby rats and 3 day old baby rats.

It became obvious that we got a couple wrong when their fur came in but both mothers were happy with the babies they had and looked after them well.
haha how cute!
ours still aint popped, but the male was in with females for 4-5 days so may be late, but there nipples are far more prominant :) so can only be good!

Hmmm, i would hope that the babies arent in there too long. As thier Embyotic sac is only ment to last X number of days, they might come out dead. I hope that is the opposite though! CANT WAIT FOR PIC'S WHEN THEY COME!

Hmmm, i would hope that the babies arent in there too long. As thier Embyotic sac is only ment to last X number of days, they might come out dead. I hope that is the opposite though! CANT WAIT FOR PIC'S WHEN THEY COME!
yuh well i figured it out i was wrong in my counting... thank god!!
minni is fairly round...
gerbil sorta round
roxy is HUGE! :unsure:
they aint stopped eating!
if there not eating there nesting....

Well, cant wait for babies then!
im impatient now.... roxy is huge im sure shes going too pop soon i cant find the silly book that has the times i put them in and took them out!
soo now ill have too guess....

I would just chilax and see what happens. You might want to put a kleenex box in there or a toilet paper roll as they use it keep keep thier nest from caving in!

thanks for the advise lol i got thousands of box's so ill do that!
im going potty checking up on them ive just given up theyll come when they come i guess lol

You sound exactly like I used to LOL Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting...and as soon as you give up, they'll come lol

gerbil came out to play on my had i kept poking her and asking where the babies where... she snatched the milky drop from my hand and went back to her tank :(

just wait. In all reality, maybe they didnt get pregnant. After saturday, i would defo leave the male in for a week. I left my male in the tank at all times. He never overly stressed the female out.

just wait. In all reality, maybe they didnt get pregnant. After saturday, i would defo leave the male in for a week. I left my male in the tank at all times. He never overly stressed the female out.
i think your right!
ill try get a pic of roxy's underside now!
ill swap her and the male round.. that should sort things?

Jus tput them all in the same tank and leave them there. The male will be happy,a dn the females wont be stressed, so they will, eventually get pregnant, one way or another.

Most reactions

Back