Miagi's "nano"

Mr Miagi

Veins are flowing with SW, now going back to FW!
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Yesterday, i went and visited a mate i know from an Australian Reeing Forum who was selling his set-up. Goin with some money, and not knowing what to expect, i was surprised when i found a beaut system running in his lounge room. Last year, in our bad summers, he lost alot of corals due to excessive heat in the room. He wanted to sell, i wanted to buy, it was a match made in heaven! :lol:

ANy way, enough of the boredom, on with the pics! :thumbs:

Putting it together:
Before.jpg

The full frontal!:
TankShot.jpg

TankShot2.jpg

Corals:
Unknown.jpg

Unknown2.jpg

Unknown4Leather.jpg

Unknown5RoundBlob.jpg

FlowerCups2.jpg

FlowerCups.jpg

PurpleUnknown.jpg

MushieandMacro.jpg

Inverts:
Star.jpg

TurboSnail.jpg

The End Result:
Lounge.jpg

im crying with jealousy :-(

:p
Brilliant find mate!
Great start to your reef, looks awesome already!
How big is it?
And what fish do you have in there? I can see a Ocellaris and a Clarkii from the pics.

Congrats again, and keep us updated!

DD

Thanks Guys!

How big is it?
And what fish do you have in there? I can see a Ocellaris and a Clarkii from the pics.

LOL DD. I have only two fish in there ATM. Both are as u say Ocellaris Clowns. No CLarkii. :) Just a weird colour, i could be wrong, but im pretty sure they are just different colour morphs. Its a 3x1x1 foot tank! :)

Sorry, forgot to ask. What type of starfish is that? im thinking of getting one and I like the looks of that one.
-Riley

There are so many, and they look identicle its hard to get a good ID. Sorry i couldnt be anymore helpful!

Who's the lazy guy sitting in the last pic ? :p

PS: Great tank you got there.

What did he say when he saw you come home with a 3 foot marine set up? :p

DD

is that not a carniverous anenome? Be careful and keep an eye on that one.

Other than that looking good, can't wait to see it when you have more colour in there :)

Ben

How big is it? Is it even a nano?

What did he say when he saw you come home with a 3 foot marine set up? :p

DD

He helped me get it home! MUhahahah!

is that not a carniverous anenome? Be careful and keep an eye on that one.

Other than that looking good, can't wait to see it when you have more colour in there :)

Ben

A carniovorous anemone? Could you point me in the direction of which one you mean? Eek!
Im going to the lfs today. Dought ill come back with any fish, but perhaps some zoos/mushroom corals! :nod:

Looks great!! Enjoy and good luck :)

Thanks Parker! :)

How big is it? Is it even a nano?

Its a 3x1x1 ft Tank, and thanks to DD's maths, eqwuals 22g. Hence below the 30g Nano point. :p

Actually, the definition of nano is vague. Some say anything under 30, some say anything under 20... It's close enough to 20 that I say it counts, either way ;)

GORGEOUS setup, miagi! There sure is a lot goin' on in there. It must be very entertaining to watch

Most reactions

Back