Melafix, Pimafix And Meds? Updated

5teady_2012

Here to help
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
4,660
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
Can u use still use melafix whilst using interpet meds?

Can u use melafix when treating with pimafix and myxazin?

Also when mixing myxazin and pimafix, can melafix still be used as well?

Thanks
 
Yes you can use melafix with anything as it is inert.
 
Really are you sure? It says not to on the bottle. It would be great if you could!
 
Melafix is just 1% Melaleuca (tee tree) oil and 99% "inert ingredients", 98% of which is just water and the rest is defoamer and emulsifier, which makes no difference.
 
Wow... really sorry for bad advice, I just checked you're right it doesn't I had it in my head that it said I couldn't, I just had this dilemma last week and i swear I read that you couldn't use it with other meds.

Sorry again.. and thanks to geo7x coz now I can add melafix to my hospital tank!
 
Melafix is just 1% Melaleuca (tee tree) oil and 99% "inert ingredients", 98% of which is just water and the rest is defoamer and emulsifier, which makes no difference.


yes you can use both as previously said
 
Can u use still use melafix whilst using interpet meds?

Can u use melafix when treating with pimafix and myxazin?

Also when mixing myxazin and pimafix, can melafix still be used as well?

Thanks

Can anyone help with the other questions??

Thanks
 
Can u use still use melafix whilst using interpet meds?

Can u use melafix when treating with pimafix and myxazin?

Also when mixing myxazin and pimafix, can melafix still be used as well?

Thanks

Can anyone help with the other questions??

Thanks


not sure about first question

you shouldnt need to use 3 differnt meds at one time anyway!
 
Can u use still use melafix whilst using interpet meds?

Can u use melafix when treating with pimafix and myxazin?

Also when mixing myxazin and pimafix, can melafix still be used as well?

Thanks

Can anyone help with the other questions??

Thanks


not sure about first question

you shouldnt need to use 3 differnt meds at one time anyway!

I like to add melafix regulary though, but i am treating some bettas i adpoted off devon_charm with myxazin and pimafix, and wanted to know.
 
Yes you can use melafix with other bacterial meds.
Melafix is only good on cuts and wounds, so it depends why you want to use it.
I personally not very imprressed with the med, and it not cheap stuff.
 
Yes you can use melafix with other bacterial meds.
Melafix is only good on cuts and wounds, so it depends why you want to use it.
I personally not very imprressed with the med, and it not cheap stuff.

What i did wilder was get some bettas off devon_charm (adopted them) they are in a pretty bad way but not beyond recovery (devon_charm got them back ofd a costumer who did not take care of them)...

I have treated thier tank with pimafix and myxazin (both together) was that ok to do?, and i did it at full dosage for both, was that right?

I like to add melafix to my tanks regulary cos had no problems since i started using it :)
 
If a fish has bacterial finrot the melafix is no good, it only works when the fins are healing and stops the fins getting infected.
Do a search on how do melafix and pimafix work, some interesting info.
 
If a fish has bacterial finrot the melafix is no good, it only works when the fins are healing and stops the fins getting infected.
Do a search on how do melafix and pimafix work, some interesting info.


will do, is the pimafix and myxazin good enough to fix thier finrot?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top