Meet The Wheeking Crew

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

phocoena

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok here are the wheeking crew Present and Past. Due to certain issues with Guinea Pigs in the UK in general these were taken on my desk chair rather than moved or given a fabric back as I usually do

Firstly, we have Flame.
He is the oldest at 3 and a half, his birthday is in June, and his adoption day, along with his brother at the bridge, is the 4th August. He is an Abyruvian/Abyssinian x Peruvian (May also be known as a Sheba Mini Yak). He has been a member of the family from 8 weeks

9668784c.jpg

Next we have Spark. He is three, his Birthday is in November and his adoption day is 30th December. He is a Sheltie and has been a member of the family from 6 weeks old.

ff1c1e83.jpg

Thirdly we have the Guinea Pig who is hyper and an escapologist. Cupar (yes the town in fife) is 11 months old, his birthday is the 22nd February and his adoption day is 1 month/4 weeks later on the 22nd March. He is also a Sheltie.

5b3eb851.jpg

Finally we have Ted E Bear/Ted, he is 6 months old. His birthday is in June, and his adoption day is the 9th August. He is a Teddy, and he is a lot like a bear (see where his name comes from now). He has been in the family from the age of 6 weeks.
0a02ae13.jpg

Now we come to the dearly departed members of the weeking crew (and yes there is roughly 9 days between the death of Cinder and arrival of Cupar, also with the death of Blaze and arrival of Ted E)

This is Blaze, he is a smooth-haired guinea pig. He was born November 2007 (around Bonfire Night) and arrived here with his brother on the 24 January 2008. They were both Mummy's boys. He was 11 weeks old. Blaze had a congenital heart problem and with lots of extra food (critical care mixed with baby food, syringed, off a spoon or out of a small container, and also loads of cuddles. survived to reach 3 years 9 months old. He was always going to have a limited life. But he was happy and passed away in my t-shirt cuddling on 1 August 2011
SPRINGBLAZE1.jpg

Next we have Blaze's brother Spice. Spice barely had time to live, and live in his forever home. Spice had 7 months being cheeky with us before he got mouth wound and an infection that he never recovered from. He fought for 8 weeks, and held on for a week while I was away for a field trip, to die at home, with me holding him on the 30 September 2008.
P1010005.jpg

Finally, we have Cinder. He was something else. He was a nutter, who had a nasty streak. He was very fluffy. He like Flame, was born in June 2008, and arrived here on 4 Aug 2008 at 8 weeks old. Tragically the pet shops they came from kept Guinea Pigs with a door seperating them from Rabbits, and he ended up with a potential Bordetella infection. He died on March 14 2011, suddenly again in my arms.
P1020001.jpg

Although these three are no longer here they are missed, and are still a part of the wheeking crew.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back