Meet The Members

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Forum Name; fluttermoth

Location; Cornwall, UK

Number of years in Hobby; Oh god...36 ish :blush:

Fishkeeping Profile; One 240l with rescued Oscar and catfish, another 240l SA community in my bedroom with Green Neons, Emperor Tetras, Hatchets and a Whiptail cat, a 160l in my son's room with Tiger Barbs and Zebra Loach, a 100l in the kitchen with a pair of Rams and 3 juvenile angels, an 85l growing on some Green Neons for my mum, and an empty 240l which is being set up to replace that 100l...

Favourite Fish Species; Tiger Barbs, Rams, Green Neons

Favourite LFS; I only have one I can get to and it's not that great :(

Aquatic Likes; Big tanks!

Aquatic Dislikes; Oh, where to start?!! Tiny tanks, tanks that have one of this, two of that, one of those (especially shoaling species; it's a fish tank, not a pick & mix!!), shoaling fish being kept in too small groups, people who ask for advice and then say "Oh, I don't think it's that", people who want to buy fish to do jobs they should be doing themselves, like cleaning up poo...(I'll stop now, but there's more :p)

Aquatic Achievements; rescuing two Oscars from 3 foot communities and some catfish that were about to be flushed :grr: Breeding angels, cories, bristlenoses.

Non Fish Related Facts; I am obsessed with Doctor Who and have a TARDIS in my bedroom tank :blush:

Other Hobbies; Reading, drawing, painting, knitting and crochet, Doctor Who. I also own a greyhound, guinea pigs, a rabbit, a chinchilla and a tarantula called Sweet Pea.

Forum Name Briggs55 (see Bears, Chicago)

Real Name Ron

Location Chicago, Illinois

Number of Years in Hobby One

Fishkeeping Profile 20 Gallon Freshwater (converted terrarium, hey, don't judge - it was free), Various Types Balloon Mollies, Painted Swordtails, Hi-Fin/Sunset Fire Platies and some Ghost Shrimp. Plants: Tropica Fern, Compacta, Kyoto Grass and a Hardy Aponogenton

21adb0g.jpg

Favourite fish species The All-Mighty Black Balloon Molly (They look like miniature Blue Whales, thus making them cool)

Favourite LFS Local Fish Store, I assume? I don't have one, but I do enjoy my rare visits to Chicago's Shedd Aquarium

Aquatic Likes Simple, natural tanks

Aquatic Dislikes "No Fishing" signs

Aquatic Achievements I taught my fish how to swim and they taught me how to breathe underwater

Non-fish related fact I hate litterbugs and the homeless, more so the latter

Other Hobbies Football (American), Electrical Engineering

1zx39yw.jpg

Hm, didnt even know this was about! so might aswell fill you all in on me XD

Forum Name...razer121

Location...Midlands - oxfordshire (its close)

Number of Years in Hobby...about 6, kept inverts at first

Fishkeeping Profile...to many tanks!

Favourite fish species...Cichlids, Triops (i know sad huh?)

Favourite LFS...none yet

Aquatic Likes...nice planted tanks that look natural

Aquatic Dislikes...to many to list!

Aquatic Achievements...Breeding some t-bars and raising Pink Triops

Non-fish related fact...I've 2 beautiful little girls yet im not with the mums (yes mums) and only 22 XD

Other Hobbies...gaming on the pc, spending time with my girls (thats a hobby right?)

and this is me.....abit of an old picture! i will have to update it...one day

DSCF0681.jpg

Hi, new to forum. First post. Miami Florida USA. Need some in put on a problem with one of my Guppy tanks. I am loosing fish at a slow rate. Water checks out fine for all tests. Fish appear to be loosing appetite to food that has been given for the last 8 months. Parasites??

Forum Name: Smell

Number of Years in Hobby: 16

Fishkeeping Profile: Started off when I was 7 with a two foot aquarium that my father thought I'd lose interest in within 6 months. He was wrong - I've now got tanks in both my student house and my parents' house. I recently relocated my Rio 240 from Cheshire to Hertfordshire and it's my pride and joy.

Favourite fish species: Catfish of any kind.

Aquatic Likes: Well planted tanks, lots of bogwood, decent air bubbles spouting about the place, colourful fish.

Aquatic Dislikes: Lots, I don't want to put anyone off!

Aquatic Achievements: Accidentally breeding Kribensis and having to buy a new tank just to keep the offspring in before I managed to sell them.

Non-fish related fact: I've got a degree in Microbiology & Zoology and I'm now studying Veterinary Medicine. I hate the fact that fish and chip shops in the south don't serve gravy.

Other Hobbies: Reading, gaming, looking after our menagerie (cat, chickens, rats, etc).

Nice to meet you all!

- H

Forum Name...elisew

Location...Poole, Dorset

Number of Years in Hobby...about 2 years

Fishkeeping Profile....380L Tanganyika setup which currently houses 8 Cyprichromis leptosoma, 3 Neolamprologus leleupi, 8 Neolamprologus multifasciatus, 1 Juli marlieri, 3 Opthalmotilapia ventralis, 1 pair of Neolamprologus caudopunctatus and 1 calvus
35L: 1m & 1f Badis 'Black Tiger', 4 Filament Glassfish, 1 Clown pleco and lots of Red cherry shrimp.
10L: 8 Crystal red shrimp 1 lonely Chilli rasbora

Favourite fish species...I love Celebes Rainbowfish and German Blue Rams from the tropical side of things which is what I had before the Tang setup, but when it comes to the Tangs I love them all so far....well except for my leleupi who are right little bullies and will be returned to MA soon.

Favourite LFS...Maidenhead in Wimborne

Aquatic Likes...I really like to see a natural looking tank that`s clean!!

Aquatic Dislikes...I hate to see dirty fish tanks!! It gets right up my nose when people ask for advice then totally disregard it when they get it. Grrrr!!

Aquatic Achievements...I upgraded from an initially cra*py looking 180L tank to a lovely tropical, community 380L . I now have a lovely 380L Tanganyika setup.

Non-fish related fact...Ermm I have a terrible habit of trying to rescue stray or injured animals. I`m known for speaking my mind and 'saying it as it is' :blush:

Other Hobbies...Reading, walking my 2 Springer Spaniels around the local heathland and beaches, spending time with my family and friends.

Forum Name...Chishnfips

Location...Inverness, Scotland

Number of Years in Hobby..12 years since 1998 (got a tank for my 18th)

Fishkeeping Profile.. Now just a 100 litre south american styley tank, previous tanks include Mbuna (which I bred for a while) and mixed community fish tanks.

Favourite fish species...got be the mbuna specifically the greshakis (awsome)

Favourite LFS... D&I tropicals in Lossiemouth

Aquatic Likes...Colourful entertaining fish

Aquatic Dislikes...idiots that talk the talk but dont walk the walk

Aquatic Achievements...Breeding Mbuna

Non-fish related fact...I waterskied the length of Loch Ness in one sitting without falling (23 miles in 50mins) never been done before solo!!!

Other Hobbies... Killing bad guys in COD4 MW1, writing, reading, Art, Music, fishing etc....

Forum Name: RustedKnight

lightsabre.jpg

^^me at summer solstice, Stonehenge 2009, a little inhibriated^^

Number of Years in Hobby: 1!

Fishkeeping Profile: Started off with a rockpool marine tank, which was a sodding nightmare, and after multiple wipes (two caused by so called friends) I gave up and have since spent about 6 months in Tropical, where I'm much much happier.
Current setup is 36"x15"x12" tank, with 5x cory. 9x bumblebee goby, 1x rummy nose tetra, 1x male guppy, and as of 2 hours time, 2x bolivian ram, 2x Apisto Cichlid.

Favourite fish species: Apistogramma Cacatouides..or Bolivian Rams (finding myself drawn to them more and more)

Aquatic Likes: Well planted tanks, fish with personality, my own live TV that doesn't require a license!!

Aquatic Dislikes: Marine.. Snails.. Nitrates.

Aquatic Achievements: Keeping stuff alive.

Non-fish related fact: I'm very adapt at graphic design, a photoshop wizard, i've dabbled in fashion design, i'm 20+ years out of my music depth, a permanent 80's child

Other Hobbies: Reading, gaming, magic the gathering, motorcycles.

Anything else you need to know?: I'm blunt, I don't like to mince my words, so I apologise if I ever accidently insult anyone, I'd just rather tell you straight than mess you around.

Hi, Im Jennifer. I have no tanks as yet am hoping to learn enough to get started. I live with my mate sam, she is my best mate. We live in kent nr bluewater, wont say where (well you never know lol) I hope to make some new buddies and learn lot of new things. :)

Forum Name: the_lock_man

Number of Years in Hobby: 1

Fishkeeping Profile: Currently 1 tank, 6 Zebra/Leopard/Albino Danio, 6 Cardinal Tetra, 2 Bronze Corys, and some Amano Shrimp

Favourite fish species: Betta Splendens

Aquatic Likes: Colourful fish

Aquatic Dislikes: None, really.

Aquatic Achievements: I still have some fish.

Non-fish related fact: I'm a member of Mensa - my IQ is slightly higher than Vorderman's

Other Hobbies: 4 kids keep me busy. I also coach a local boys football team.

Forum Name: UKCO2Guy

Number of Years in Hobby: 9

Fishkeeping Profile: Currently 3 tanks. 4ft Planted, 2ft Iwagumi and the `wifes` 40ltr Betta tank.

Favourite fish species: Botia and shrimp

Aquatic Likes: Aquascaping, creating and expressing ideas with complete freedom

Aquatic Dislikes: Trimming Riccia, keeping Eleocharis in check!

Aquatic Achievements: Keeping things growing, zero algae and healthy fauna :)

Non-fish related fact: A roast dinner takes longer to make than consume.

Other Hobbies: 2 Great kids and a career that keeps me on my toes!

1st attempt at an Iwagumi:
yt_4672b.jpg

Forum Name: metanoia

Number of Years in Hobby: 1

Fishkeeping Profile: Got my daughter a 30L Bio Orb for christmas last year (which I've since discovered is rubbish), my wife bought me a 200L tank for this christmas.

Favourite fish species: Not sure yet

Aquatic Likes: My new big tank which I'm just about to plant up.

Aquatic Dislikes: Bio-Orbs and their stupid ceramic media that traps fish

Aquatic Achievements: Keeping all the fish alive through a 2 day power cut

Non-fish related fact: If you take all the nerves out your body and lay them end to end - you'll die.

Other Hobbies: I'm partial to shooting the odd zombie on the PS3 when the kids are in bed.

Hi im currently coming back to fishkeeping after a 10 year break. I have a juwel trigon 190 and would like to use my Eheim ecco 2234 comfort 500l/h external filter. the problem i am faced with is as to where to place inlet and outlet pipes. Should i place both in the rear corner or spread them apart? any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Name: Phishy25

Number of Years in Hobby: 6 with tropicals, but always had gold fish as a child

Fishkeeping Profile: Currently have a 264l bow fronted planted/tropical community tank

Favourite fish species: Angels, Panda Corydoras, Shrimp

Aquatic Likes: The natural look, happy healthy fish!

Aquatic Dislikes: Dodgy diseased fish shops, waiting for tanks to cycle and power cuts!

Aquatic Achievements: When fry and eggs hatch on their own I know I must be doing something right

Non-fish related fact: Currently working as a bus driver, but would like to own/run a farm and rescue everything "free to good home" on freeads!

Other Hobbies: Keeping horses (especially interested in heavy horses), owning 9 horses, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 19 rabbits and 2 ducks. Also enjoy riding my motorcycle with the hubby.

68767_489213903618_623733618_6932834_2342222_n.jpg

Forum name: TigerJack

Years in hobby: Ummmm a week (I cycled first though!)

Fish profile: 10 gallon tank. I male Betta and 3 female (I think!) African Dwarf frogs

Favorite species: Sea horses, Bettas and ADFs

Aquatic likes: I'm extremely jealous of all the gorgeous natural planted tanks :drool:

Aquatic dislikes: Seeing fish belly up at the pet stores :-(

Achievements: So far I haven't killed any fish!

Non-fish related fact: I'm a new Nursing grad!! :- Studying hard for my Nclex. I've been married 8 years and I have two boys.

Other hobbies: Music, reading and animals.

Most reactions

Back