Meet Mika

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Reaction score
My new girlie I got last week. I've been planning her for roughly 5 years now :hyper: I thought I was going to get a blue eyed snow though - that was until I discovered the silver lines :shifty:

So, here's Mika (pronounced "Meeka") - take a wild guess where she got her name from! :fun:

She is the most darling little fairy cupcake with the sweetest nature. And my 7 year old Oriental boy has taken to her exceeding well - much to my surprise.
As he's been a loner for roughly 5 years now, it was a very tough decision to make - and potentially jeopardise our relationship (no kidding). I was very worried that he'd feel rejected, threatened, angry etc. and was planning on taking this really really slowly. But, early signs both ways showed that neither were threatened nor frightened - despite a few hisses the first couple of days or so.
But she's done her utmost to win him over and they are now playing chase to hearts content :wub: and he's adopted a real fatherly figure.
He will always be my number one cat and first priority and I always said that if this didn't work out (and it's early days yet) that I'd rehome her.
But (fingers crossed) they continue to live happy lives together and develop a strong bond over time.

After 7 years since I last had a kitten, I forgot what incredible hard work they are :crazy: the non stop craziness and mischief. And it may take a while before she joins us in bed at night (for now she's in her own room at night) because she thinks my down duvet is the best trampoline in the whole wide world - bouncing around on it like a crazy headless chicken :grr:

Without further ado, here are a few photos of Mika - and not to be forgotten, Shaka (her fatherly guardian)

IMG090cas.jpg

IMG101cs.jpg

IMG_4203c.jpg

IMG_4240c.jpg

IMG_4243c.jpg

IMG_4295c.jpg

IMG_4208c.jpg

IMG_4219c.jpg

IMG_4299c.jpg

IMG_4193c.jpg

IMG_4251c.jpg

IMG_4175c.jpg

the bengal is stunning! i like the stripes on the tail, very nice looking cat. she reminds me of a hyena (sp?)

Oh that is a very pretty cat, she looks like a little wild animal, like a mini "big cat" of sorts.

I nominate any one of those pictures! How much did she cost, I love silver tabbies!

She is absolutely gorgeous! I must say I'm very jealous of both of your cats. And kittens are indeed a right hand full at that age, you gotta love it though =) She looks right at home outside as well =D Have you had her outside at night yet? Our cat is supposed to be indoors only but he gets out once in a while, and I must say I was surprised at how much he found to play with in the middle of the night ... 'specially the moths that were slightly lit up by the neighbours porch light.

POTM for the 10th picture, both Mika as well as Shaka deserve a POTM, and that way you've got both in 1 ;)

She is absolutely gorgeous! I must say I'm very jealous of both of your cats. And kittens are indeed a right hand full at that age, you gotta love it though =) She looks right at home outside as well =D Have you had her outside at night yet? Our cat is supposed to be indoors only but he gets out once in a while, and I must say I was surprised at how much he found to play with in the middle of the night ... 'specially the moths that were slightly lit up by the neighbours porch light.

POTM for the 10th picture, both Mika as well as Shaka deserve a POTM, and that way you've got both in 1 ;)

I second the nod for POTM. Congratulations on your brand new suicidal escape artist, Bloo. She looks very adgile and very quick-footed. Therefore, she will break many things and cause a great deal of mischief and mayhem (sp). But you will love her anyways. :wub: She will have you wrapped around her little paw.

As an owner of several suicidal escape artists, I give you my sympathies.

llj :)

almost as stunning as Bagheera :shifty:

awwwwwwwwwwwww she's stunning!!! :drool: :wub:

i'd love a bengal one day

WOW. Congrats Bloo. She is absolutely stunning. I've never seen a Bengal quite that stunning before. She is going to be an amazingly gorgeous cat when she grows up.

Please make sure you keep us updated with LOADS of pics of her growing up. She has such a beautiful face. She looks so cute with your Oriental boy. She looks like a natures girl, admiring the flowers. :wub:

:D

WOW they are both beautiful, they look in fantastic condition :)

Finlay you posted a picture, was waiting for you :lol:, she's so cute :wub:

Wow thanks so much everyone! :D I will certainly keep you all up to date with LOADS of photos as she grows. I will hopefully do a bit of showing with her later in the year, so fingers crossed.

I nominate any one of those pictures! How much did she cost, I love silver tabbies!
Thanks K.J. !
I'm in denial - lets not go there
shutup.gif

She looks right at home outside as well =D Have you had her outside at night yet? Our cat is supposed to be indoors only but he gets out once in a while, and I must say I was surprised at how much he found to play with in the middle of the night ... 'specially the moths that were slightly lit up by the neighbours porch light.

Thanks for the POTM :good: It was a little treat to go out in the garden and play around. She absolutely loved it and ran around like a jack in a box making bucking broncho leaps every second. Too funny. But I won't let her out on her own and they don't have free access outdoors. Shaka only goes out when I'm home - usually a couple of hours in the evening now that it's still nice and light. And over weekends where he spends most of his time in my little garden.
But Bengals being Bengals (a tad wild by nature with a strong roaming & hunting instinct) Mika won't be allowed to roam free like Shaka for at least a year. As soon as she can jump and climb the garden walls, I'll have to start putting a cat lead on her in the garden. Poor pumpkin, but it's for her own good.

I second the nod for POTM. Congratulations on your brand new suicidal escape artist, Bloo. She looks very adgile and very quick-footed. Therefore, she will break many things and cause a great deal of mischief and mayhem (sp). But you will love her anyways. :wub: She will have you wrapped around her little paw.

As an owner of several suicidal escape artists, I give you my sympathies.

llj :)

Oh fear not - that's already started! :crazy: it's havoc at home!

And she had me wrapped around from the word go - but don't tell her that!

almost as stunning as Bagheera :shifty:
Ah thanks Wolfy :good:

And thanks again everyone else too!

Where did you get her from?
Thanks Yazan - she came from a breeder a few hours drive from me.

Most reactions

Back