Meet Crabhead

I'm confused, it looks to me like he's in ~36" long by 18" tall? Working on the basis that the sponge sitting on the rim is fairly standard and I just measured the one sitting next to my fishtanks ;)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: its a 5*3*2 he just makes it look small compared to his size.

that deff looks 5/3/2ft nice size,,,whats in there with him?

Mmm Ok

10 Plecs ranging from 1inch to 22+
1 pair Tillapia Pollini
2 Pair Cons
5 Pairs Meeks
4 pairs Dwarf Acara
2 pairs Blue Rams
2 BGK's
5 ABF's
7 Blue Panchax's
7 Celebes Halfbeak Livebearers
2 Pairs Mahhhosive Sailfin Mollies
7 Pairs of Mixed Dwarf Gouramis
1 Pair of Pearl Gourami
lots of Livebears
12 White Skirt Tetras
12 Albino Lemon tetras
2 6 inch Fantail Goldies 1 Snow 1 orange
Loads of Glassfish
Tonnes of Apple, Spixi,nerite, Bumblebee, Ramshorns, Pest, Trumpet Snails
Lots of Mixed Shrimp: Red Nose, Amano, Cherry, Ninja, Tiger, Long Arm, Wood.

There were a few frogs untill the ABF's got them

Red Claw Crabs

Yeah sorry, crazy as it sounds, the brace bars made it look like three tanks in a row at that angle!?! :blush:

no worries

Are you not concerned that your larger cichlids are going to eat the smaller fish? Because over time, they will...

Are you not concerned that your larger cichlids are going to eat the smaller fish? Because over time, they will...

not really, they are just dithers and the ones in there grow fast and the WS Tetras get Big and will be fine against the cichlids.
I used to keep them years ago and they will get to the same proportions as adult angels if given the room and right feeding.

oh i need to add TBAr Cichlids and a pair of RTexas to the list from next week.

Very pretty fish. And it certainly looks very happy in its new home.
I would just be concerned about the height of the tank. I know you said it's 2ft deep? But w/ the gravel, and the size of the fish, it just seems slightly cramped.
It's so hard to tell just by pics though heh.
I'd also be paranoid about it deciding to jump out! heh

Anywho... he/she looks fantastic and sounds like it has such a cute personality as well.

that deff looks 5/3/2ft nice size,,,whats in there with him?

Mmm Ok

10 Plecs ranging from 1inch to 22+
1 pair Tillapia Pollini
2 Pair Cons
5 Pairs Meeks
4 pairs Dwarf Acara
2 pairs Blue Rams
2 BGK's
5 ABF's
7 Blue Panchax's
7 Celebes Halfbeak Livebearers
2 Pairs Mahhhosive Sailfin Mollies
7 Pairs of Mixed Dwarf Gouramis
1 Pair of Pearl Gourami
lots of Livebears
12 White Skirt Tetras
12 Albino Lemon tetras
2 6 inch Fantail Goldies 1 Snow 1 orange
Loads of Glassfish
Tonnes of Apple, Spixi,nerite, Bumblebee, Ramshorns, Pest, Trumpet Snails
Lots of Mixed Shrimp: Red Nose, Amano, Cherry, Ninja, Tiger, Long Arm, Wood.

There were a few frogs untill the ABF's got them

Red Claw Crabs

Yeah sorry, crazy as it sounds, the brace bars made it look like three tanks in a row at that angle!?! :blush:

no worries

I am sorry to say this, my friend, but say good bye to half the fish on your list. Thats if they aren't all ready gone...

Sorry but do you understand what a dither fish is.
Its there as a Distraction for larger fish and if its eaten, so be it.

Its there as a Distraction for larger fish and if its eaten, so be it.

A dither fish is usually a small tetra, rasbora or similar which can encourage shy fish to feel more secure. They're definitely not snacks for large piscovorous predators, which is what you're insinuating.

Dither fish aint there to be eaten mate they are used in tanks as fella said to encourage shyer fish out into the main swimming area. They are not there to be eaten thats called "feeders" mate. FH are big angry fish that are going to wipe out your collection of smaller fish and most of the cichlids you posted tbh the only fish I can see that will survive on your list are the texas and plecs. It seems to be a very expensive lot of feeders you have in the tank. Also you need to consider the depth of your tank if its the gravel making it look shallow remove a load of it to give the fish ample swimming space. I would clear aload of that plant out and plant it minimalist as not meaning this offensivly just my opinion it does look messy.

not tooo bothered if smaller fish get eaten by the other cichlids, as they are cheap bread and butter fish.

if there are any wars, the tank is big enough to seperate out any waring factions. or they can be moved to another tank or barrell.

I have sold 1 of the Big Female Cons and she will be going to her new owners this week.
the tillapia stay in there terracota pot most of the time and like that corner, as its dark and quite.
i will be using wast paper bins (mesh) when i introduce the new Cichlids next week. that way they are in the tank and i can monitor there agression to the others.

i am not going to let them kill each other after spending so long chooosing them. i have thought this thru and have made preparations for all the fry and susequent pairing off.

not tooo bothered if smaller fish get eaten by the other cichlids, as they are cheap bread and butter fish.

Does anyone else find this shameless disregard appalling?

Eeep, given the backwards curvature of the spine I'd have said more likely it's on it's way out, but fingers crossed!!! B. sidthimunki are a truly awesome species of cheeky critters :good:

Yeah i would rather try and let her lay. if not and she looks in trouble will euthanise her.
I dont think she is gravid to be honest.

I'd have said much more like Dropsy/TB, see how the body is flexed similarly to this poor barb;
barb2.jpg

There is a Y. sidthimunki vs nigrolineata article on Loaches.com, check out this pic of a gravid female Y. sidthimunki taken from the article, it not even nearly as bloated as yours;
ysidthimunki.jpg

Not being awkward, I just think you should have steered well clear of that fish when buying.
Sorry,
Lotte*

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh it does look like that, don't worry did not pay anything for them so no loss on her.

And again...

PS please check that they have been in for more than a Week - Rob lost a whole shipement of them yesterday, they lasted 1 night..
he was sooooo gutted there were 30 3 inch ones aswell.

Here's a better pic of an adult M. asiaticus for anyone who's interested ;)
fish2.jpg

I was under the impression both traders and keepers required a license for this species, how do you go about getting one???
Lotte***

Thanks for that pic.

yep the retailer needs a licence, only a few places are allowed to keep them.
i am already sorted with my licence thru the pet licencing and animal welfare (made friends with those departments, and now spy on retailers for them)

Then there's the fish thats now not legally imported but his license is sorted for it and his mate just lost a whole shipment the other day, but once the legalities are explained...

hi guys, i don't have these any more, made the noob mistake of adding cons. and they killed them both, this thread is 4 years old.

i just dugg this thread up to show someone the pix i had of them.

There's a convenient explanation that doesnt fit at all.

And dont even get me started on the Scorpion topic which demonised a completely harmless animal and no pictures of the actual animal or the injuries ever materialised despite him being able to take plenty of pics of the stuff he's continuously flogging...

Emmsy was banned for about as much as this.
Lotte*.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back