Meet Abaddon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NLindsey921

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is Abaddon. I just put him in today. He's the centerpiece of my ten gallon tank. What do you guys think?
c6368fe96bb3170a2f47465d43504edd.jpg
dc6f1e095ffd923fa41b3fb509baed65.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

He was the most beautiful of the three petsmart had and they were all in good health it appeared so I went ahead and grabbed him.

Nice fish.

Have you got experience keeping fish?
Is your tank cycled?

I would add a few more plants including floating ones, the light is a bit bright for Gouramis.

I do have experience. The tank has been up and running with a small school of neon tetras in it for about six months. I have a lot of dwarf grass iin the tank I just added and am waiting for it to grow out. I am going to add a moss wall and some little shrimp tubes that I will also cover in moss. I also plan on adding duckweed as a floating plant after I add the moss wall.

Sounds good to me.

Abaddon is doing nothing but chasing his reflection back and forth across the front of the tank. Is this normal gourami behavior? Or something to be concerned about?

The light could be too bright or you dont have enough plants. Easy floating plants are duck weed, frogbit, and dwarf water lettuce. Because floating plants are illegal where I am, I use Brazilian pennywort to float at the surface. I agree with nick about plants. I would add some tall plants like vallisnera, amazon swords, or hormwort. Plants will most of the time make things easier by consuming nitrate and ammonia.

I have some Amazon swords that I took from my daughter's tank but they are babies. They are only two inches high. I gave them some root tabs but is there any other way that I can speed up their growth. And as soon as I get my moss wall in Imma get some duck weed for the tank.

Or maybe that lettuce you were talking about. Where could I find that?

You can get that from specialty fish stores. Probably not petsmart or Petco. At least where I live that is the case.

I would recommend getting tropica premium plant fertilizer. This may speed up the growth of your plants.

Ok. I have a planned trip to fish gallery for sometime in the next week. Do you think they would have it?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is the reason behind needing a lid. I like the open top look.

Gouramis are jumpers they can jump a good 4 inches above the water. you dont want him to accidentally jump out of the tank.

Gouramis are a lot like Bettas.

When I had females in my 2 foot tank I lowered the water level in my tank and allowed the floating plants to go wild.

I also love the open top look.
CFueSFO.jpg

Check this out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back