Medicating Oscar?

*WARNING* Those strictly against the feeding of live foods probably don't wanna read this post!! Actually, I think I have read on here that even those of you against live fish feeding are accepting of it in a case like this, where the fish is refusing to eat and is accustomed to nothing but live food...

*doin' my best rookie impersonation* WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Chester Bertuzzi is definitely back in the game!!! I talked to him before lights out last night for a while and, moments after I turned off his light, he rewarded me with some nice oscar like behaviour! CHOMP!! RIP little goldie, but never has a feeder gone to a better cause. He didn't eat the head, though... is that normal? The feeders are tiny and he's a decent size...he deffo could have eaten the whole thing if he'd wanted to.

HUGE thanks to smb, freshmike and missyintxs!! :flowers: You've all been very supportive and helpful while I've been nursing Chester around. :wub:

He didn't eat the head, though... is that normal?

Yea this is pretty normal for small-midsize cichlids. If they don't swallow them whole they will usually leave the head.

That's such great news AquaNut! Sounds like he's rarin' at 100% almost. You're going to be rewarded with the biggest puppy-fish of your life so far. You'll be hooked on the big boys like me. Like I told you last night, you're going to be a mini-smb. B)

Mini?!? I'm as big as you are.... if I stand on a chair and shove balloons up my shirtsleeves. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back