tameem
Fish Crazy
How do I know when a filter media should be discarded? I have a marineland 200 power filter and it uses the biowheel for biological filtration. But, what about mechanical filtration? I understand that you really dont need to replace this every month, as the manufacterer recommends, as long as you make sure its clear of debris and stuff. Is that correct?
But, unless its falling apart, if I just gently rinse it in tank water, is that sufficient?
The powerfilters have additional capacity to hold one extra filter, so I took advantage of that and added another filter.
I guess what I need to do know is, should I not worry about replacing mechanical filters monthly, unless they are falling apart? It doesnt hurt to keep a really old mechanical filter in place?
Thanks.
But, unless its falling apart, if I just gently rinse it in tank water, is that sufficient?
The powerfilters have additional capacity to hold one extra filter, so I took advantage of that and added another filter.
I guess what I need to do know is, should I not worry about replacing mechanical filters monthly, unless they are falling apart? It doesnt hurt to keep a really old mechanical filter in place?
Thanks.
You can get a roll of it off ebay at a fraction of the price that the big names charge. Then you can cut it to size and replace as you wish if you are paranoid over cleaning
What dose the bio chem zorb do and do I still need it?






