Mean Gold Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishiesconfuseme

Reaction score
Gourami.jpg
What gourami is this?

Honey gourami (Trichogaster Chuna) tend to max out at 3 inches. Are you sure its not gold gourami youve ordered? :)

I agree on the species and the temperament issues. Depending upon the tank size and the other fish, you might have to remove/re-home/return these.

Yes, definitely not a Honey Gourami.

I think I have a male and female of these fish and the male is getting really nippy towards the other. Do you know what I should do?
How many other Gourami’s do you have in that tank? (Also, how many males/females?)

I think I have a male and female of these fish and the male is getting really nippy towards the other. Do you know what I should do?

This is the normal behaviour we mentioned previously. You must separate the fish ASAP. Return them to the store, or give them to someone, or in individual tanks.

You have a male there in that picture. I had a female once that that was super mellow but more often than not these are semi-aggressive fish.

I won't guess as to gender, but if you have two males and one is attacking the other, that willonly end when the loser is killed. If you have a male/femasle, the male may want to spawn and if the female is not co-operative he will want her out of "his" space and she will end up dead. If both are females, the first issue can still occur. Another member here recently had a female of this species kill any other fish in the tank until she was removed.

Most reactions

Back