Mbuna Cichlids 270Lts Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well it's now 2 1\2 weeks in to having the tank setup and running, touch wood every thing is running good, water stats are good and the fish are feeding well, my bn is quite active and doing a great job bussing around the tank

Both filters are working pritty good and keeping the water clean and clear..... :)

Well I was sat feeding the fish tonight when I noticed 2 lads about 10mm big, this mean i now have 10 of them in total, the 2 new ones are offspring of the 2 larger labs I new she was holding but that was weeks ago and I thought they had all gone

WoHOo lucky me!

Great news - I was going to bump this thread earlier as I was wondering how you were getting on! What's the stocking at the moment? Saw a group of Socolofi for sale locally recently and reminded me of your pics.
Nick

Sorry not had much time for the forum my dads going in to hospital Tuesday and there loads to sort out.

Anyway It stands at the moment like this
10 saulosi
11 Socolofi 
10 Yellow Labs 2 are offspring
5 Cobalt Blues
8 Aulonocara

Best wishes to your dad. Tell him that pictures on the forum are important too. ;) Really hope he is fine.

Best wishes to your dad. Tell him that pictures on the forum are important too. ;) Really hope he is fine.

+1 mate.

You were a big inspiration in my new scape! And as a result will be heading down the Mbuna route once the last of my Haps / Peacocks have been picked up.

Tank.jpg

Tank2-1.jpg

Thank you both for the well wishes

You were a big inspiration in my new scape! And as a result will be heading down the Mbuna route once the last of my Haps / Peacocks have been picked up.
Thank you I've never been a inspiration I'm honored
But I would like to share the credit with minnnt as well as my Mbuna are a continuation of what he started

I like it, well done mate looks really good ;)

Spurry, nice looking tank. Quick question....are any of your rock touching the rear glass of the tank? I was worried about my rock touching glass but it appears that several people do it.

No mate my rocks dont touch the glass my fish can swim all the way round, I found my rocks shifted a little with the high water flow so I did not want them touching the glass

No mate my rocks dont touch the glass my fish can swim all the way round, I found my rocks shifted a little with the high water flow so I did not want them touching the glass
Thanks.

well its 5 months since i set up this tanks now and the fish have grown well, so i thought i would update the photos

well remember this my Pseudotropheus socolofi

Pseudotropheussocolofi.jpg

well lol they are not Pseudotropheus socolofi they are Metriaclima lombardoi

IMG_0903.jpg

my Blue cobalt cichlid - Maylandia callainos have come on leeps and bounds
from this

B.jpg

to this and this one is the Boss of the hole tank....

Maylandia20callainos.jpg

well thats it for now i will update the other fish later.... :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back