May Be A Dumb Question

syntax_error

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Why do killifish fall into the category of oddballs? I mean what's so odd about them?

now im thinking the same thing :lol:

maybe its becuase they arhard to find. ive never seen one at any of my lfs

I've been wondering the same thing too. Most of the LFS here actually stock them, I've seen them more than I've seen neon tetras.

they should really have their own section but its probably because they fit into no other fish catagory

I think it's just the way this forum has termed them. They are more akin to livebearers than anything else being Toothcarps.

Yay! I'm not the only person wondering about it. Guess I'm not that dumb :lol:

May be as BigC says it's just the way the forum has termed them. Or is it this? I heard that in the wild they live in small pools like thingies and at the dry season when the pools are empty, even though the fish die their eggs survive. As soon as the rainy season start the eggs hatch and you can see these fish in small pools everywhere.

You are referring to annuals here, not all killifish are annuals, there are three catagories which you can loosely divide up killifish species by, they are Annuals, Semi Annuals and Non-Annuals. But it is not this that has made the Mods term Killifish as Oddballs.

Most reactions

Back