May 2013 - Fotm Banter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
the_lock_man said:
Can shrimp be entered into fish of the month?

They certainly can, Ellie.

And it's a good photo of her too. Not sure if a FW invert has ever won a FotM before.

That's a beauty of a shrimp.  Where ever did you find it?!  And where can I get a dozen?

they are lovely arent they, i picked them up off ebay, the seller was very genuine and gave me two for free just in case there were any problems while they were being shipped. they are quite expensive (£12 each) but they are worth every penny. im hoping (fingers crossed) that once mine have matured and settled in that hopefully they will start to breed. and of course i will be offering some for sale but not at the same price as above (i will sell them for cheaper)

You are quite correct, Loony. However, historically, in my 3 years as a member of the forum, inverts have always been allowed to take part, otherwise it would be yet another competition.

The baby betta is so cute, the ram is super handsome and the shrimp is stunning.

Good luck, everyone! 
fish.gif

Wildbetta said:
That is not moss. LOL  It is a form of hair algae that has been grown to form mats. These are extremely benficial to fry raising. They eat up any excess ammonia which helps when feeding heavily and helps reduce the amount of water changes on sensitive fry tanks.  This is the first time I have used this method and I have noticed a big reduction in fry loss and a higher rate of growth compared to my previous spawns.

I am pretty sure that is one of the month old fry in the tank.  I have a mixture of 3 spawns in that tank at the moment.  2 month old fry, month old fry, and 2 week old fry are all in there together.
respeck on the algae..

Wow, I don't like shrimp but even I think that's a beauty! :)

For me I'd pick the second photo, I think its a bit sharper and you can see his cheeky face! :)
Liking the shrimp! 
good.gif

Was that gourami post deleted? I really loved it.

But then I love that cory.

But then I love that blue ram's colors.

The poster who entered the gourami has not yet achieved the necessary post count to be eligible to participate in the competition.  I have PM'd them with that information.  If their post count reaches the required 60 (without a bunch of "spam" type posts) then that entry will be available for this month, otherwise, they will have to wait until their post count reaches 60 and then can enter that fish in another month's competition.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back