Marineland Jester Costume!

littlefishie

I Harth Darth
Reaction score
So I don't clutter up Fish Pictures, I'm posting this here.

I finally finished the first version a little while ago, minus the sequins. Those come later tonight.
I did decide to play with makeup however, but I really hope they don't want me to do it like this daily, it'll be such a mess if I get wet! This is how I did it last time I had someone doing a jester/clown role that needed makeup, but I think it's a bit much..

Makeup:
makeup.jpg

Full costume [minus sequins of course]:
costumenosequins.jpg

And just because I can...

My true personality shining through :lol:

sillyface.jpg

hey, it looks great! the make-up job is a little scary though...and it probably would be a pain in the @$$ to do every day and get wet with it

I thought it was kinda scary too, given I have no white face or clown wig.. I'm going to show the picture to my boss though, and ask him if I can just do extremely exaggerated eye makeup or something. Like draw on eyelashes, find some waterproof eyeliner..

I just don't want makeup time to take away from the time I have to play with the dolphins!

scratch the make-up. Too much hassle and might hurt the fishies. Just put on a silly hat or something and you'll look great. :D Besides why cover such a pretty face and deny the patrons the pleasure.

Thanks, everyone!

I've got to let my supervisor get the last word on makeup though.. He was talking about white face paint. :crazy: If I'm going to fall in the pool as much as he says, I probably shouldn't have that much makeup on.. maybe fake eyelashes with water proof glue and that'd be about the extent of it.. Hmm..

And they told me I had too much hair to wear a hat like the previous [all male] jesters did! :lol:

FABULOUS costume. ;) I love it!!!
Did you ever see the episode of the Cosby show where Theo's sister sewed him that yellow shirt? Yeah, that's what it would look like if I tried to sew something.

This looks fabulous - and I'm SUPREMELY jealous that you get to spend all day long playing with fishies. I have to spend my day doing non-fun work with a bunch of dorky humans.

Keep bringing us pictures. They look like postcards from the place.
:fun:

I've never seen that episode :(

There'll definitely be more pictures.. my grandfather wants me to ask the supervisor if I can let him come watch a show rehearsal and he wants to video tape it ANDDD bring the camera.

There'll be no shortage of film coverage, I can guarantee that lol

Pluss I'm going to ask one of the trainers if they'll take a picture of me with Buttercup or Echo when I'm in costume, so I can print it and stick it on my wall. :D And here, of course :nod:

hehehe, love the new cosutume LF! :- (that was the closest imoticon i can see to a jester......) :wizard: (apart from that one<<<) :D

Costume looks great... what is the second one going to look like? Different colours?

I think the black eyes would look weird from far away... It would look like you have big sunken eyes... good for a skeleton, not for a jester. If you cross your eyes and look at the first picture, you can kinda see how you will look to the people further up in the crowd. You could probably keep the top black piece, and just make the eye shaddow more prominent. The red lips go well with the cosutme.

I'll play with some ideas (i love colouring!)

The second one's the exact same, actually, possibly with more sequins. [Which I have almost finished sewing onto the first one] They just suggested having two because there'll be a lot of wear on them doing 25-30 shows a week until October.

I agree with the red lipstick but I need to get a better quality one.. that one was so terrible, I had to scrub for twenty minutes to get it off my face! :crazy:

I'm thinking maybe something a little more like red lipstick, black eyeliner [enough to make my eyes stand out], and glitter eyeliner that doesn't come off without soap. That way it's a lot harder for it to come off in the water, but easy enough to reapply. Hell, just normal stage makeup so I look like a normal person from the back row! :lol:

Exactly. You dont want to look like a moron... I'm sure you will be acting the part just fine! :lol: I don't think I've ever seen glitter that doesn't come off in water... but if you find any, let me know! I love glitter makeup!

Most reactions

Back