Marine Newbie Needs Coral Ideas For 2 Foot Tank.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Back from LFS and had a chat with the people I know there, we tested my water and all was good nitrate at 10 and #40## forgot the other one.... you dont get it in FW as much sure you know which you mean was at .5 (I think)

So Ive come home with 2 Blue Hermits and a Red one thats snuck into the bag, quite like him hes feisty!! Will I be okay to keep him? Got a leather coral as well which seems to be pretty happy Ive put it low down on the rocks. Also got some snails, I got 2 cerith? (spelling) and 3 which Ive once again forgotten the name of...... Im usually much better at names than this lol.

Saw my Rainfordi Goby today as well :) And they had a hectors goby in as well which is basically a black and gold version of the rainfordi MY GOD!!! I want one!! Also the orchid dotty backs are really really expensive compared to the strawberry so going to chat to my GF about them and tell her the last spot in the tank is hers but it needs to be compatible and affordable. Ill put it this way the orchids cost the same as the hector and rainfordi put together....

Wills

Provided the red hermit is one of the dwarf species, there shouldn't be a problem with it. Ususally blue micro hermits and the scarlet reefs hermits play nicely together. If you can upload some pictures for people to ID both the crab species, we'll be able to offer better advice.

Leather corals routinely close up for a couple of days at a time. You have to remember that its been used to the water conditions are your LFS for some length of time, and moving to another tank where the temperature might be slightly different or the water parameter different, it can stress them out and cause them to close up. Mine didn't like direct flow, as it woudl cause they to close up as if something was climbing on them. Probably better to point the powerhead past them, so that they get the residual movement of the current.

Cool thanks yeah I found some articles about how they can sulk so not too worried yet, found a second toadstool growing at the side this morning that wasnt there the other day.

With the crabs Im pretty certain they are the standard dwarf species, Ive been spending far too much time looking at pics of anything and everything marine lol.

At the minute thinking fishwise I might do something like
1x Six line wrasse and 1x Hector's Goby + mystery third spot yet to be revealed....

Wills

Just been for a wander around an LFS I was near, they had a huge marine section most of the fish were pretty ill :/ which is a shame but I got a chance to see a lot of fish Ive seen pictures of but never in the flesh.

Have to say the court jesters and hectors goby mmmm im a bit wavering on these now the jester didnt look as good as the pics show and the hectors look a bit like my annostoms ternetzi (freshwater fish) but I was really impressed with with 6 line wrasse and royal grammas? but yeah quite unsure again as what to do.

Does anyone know a good place to find pictures of marine fish? I mean like for FW I use seriously fish a lot and that has a really extensive library of profiles is there anything like that for saltwater?

Wills

Most reactions

Back