March 2012 Tank Of The Month Competition Entries

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just toss em in and cross your fingers. :hyper:

Wish I could snatch that Spec right off the screen. Have a table it would look nice on! :) Well done!

I would scape tanks all day :)

I hate seeing tanks a lot of the time as i just want to change it! Though am finding the smaller the better or i just wont leave the tank alone LOL

I only used the ludwigia and bacopa becausei wanted to use eleocharis (hair grass) and lilaeopsis (shorter grass) and maybe Pogestemon helferi.

But shoved a few plants in to make it look less bare temporarily and have decided i really like it! Though am cutting an inch off the bacopa and ludwigia every week.

The substrate is JBL Manado and feed JBL Ferropol occasionally.

Thanks. I really need to rescape my small 7G tank as I was struck by a lightning before I decorated it the first time. I think I'll try the copycat stunt :)

Its so beautifully simple :) And barely any maintenance! I change 50% water (all of about 3.4L!) once every week or two, now there are more plants, i will waterchange every two weeks and top up every week (loses about a large mug full of water every week in evapouration!

DM, keep it simple :) the bit of moss wood i had was easy enough, loads of old java moss (would have been nicer to have fresh green stuff but its greened up nicely) and wrapped it round the branch and just wound fishing line (clear plastic string) round it at about 1cm loop intervals. Done, easy and looks great and keep it basic with darker substrate, river pebbles and stem plants. Ludwigia, bacopa, hygrophilia, crypto balansae and crinum calimistrum and aponogeton plants all make great tall plants for ends and back and corner of the tanks. Cryptos of different species make great midground plants and pogestemon helferi and lilaeopsis make great front plants. With those plants i cant think up really pretty tanks :)

I ought to set up tanks for people *sigh* so many ideas and no tanks to try it on ***sigh***

Its so beautifully simple :) And barely any maintenance! I change 50% water (all of about 3.4L!) once every week or two, now there are more plants, i will waterchange every two weeks and top up every week (loses about a large mug full of water every week in evapouration!

DM, keep it simple :) the bit of moss wood i had was easy enough, loads of old java moss (would have been nicer to have fresh green stuff but its greened up nicely) and wrapped it round the branch and just wound fishing line (clear plastic string) round it at about 1cm loop intervals. Done, easy and looks great and keep it basic with darker substrate, river pebbles and stem plants. Ludwigia, bacopa, hygrophilia, crypto balansae and crinum calimistrum and aponogeton plants all make great tall plants for ends and back and corner of the tanks. Cryptos of different species make great midground plants and pogestemon helferi and lilaeopsis make great front plants. With those plants i cant think up really pretty tanks :)

I ought to set up tanks for people *sigh* so many ideas and no tanks to try it on ***sigh***
Agreed. Hygrophila is without a doubt the best plant I have in my tank; I've got a load of Swordplants, Hygrophila and Cryptocerne, with xmas moss wrapped around my bogwood (with some anubias on the very end). The Cryptocerne grows slowly but its really nice, if you give it time!

My new Fluval Spec that i set up on a whim LOL, it has 6 x cherry shrimp and 1 x scarlet badis (who is an evil git andreally narky!)

Entry
marchtotm1.jpg

Verification
marchtotm2.jpg

And just to show the livestock:

One of the Cherries (i have two with eggs now! woohooo)
cherryshrimp.jpg

The Scarlet "Badis" (aka Bad A$$)
scarletbadis.jpg

^^ He is about 5mm long, real tiny hence the poor photo and his evident lack of much colour but he is growing fast!

How much did the setup cost altogether? Is the spec fine for the single badis in the long run? It looks amazing - I think we already have a winner :lol:

Well I'll give it a go with my 55g planted tank. Feel free to pm me with suggestions on how to make it better lol. A little different scaping a long tank vs. the hexagon that i started with.

DSCN4105-1.jpg

DSCN4099.jpg

Right - let's try this: It usually goes wrong!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430051_10150563456261331_681646330_9305091_2013876556_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/432004_10150563456366331_681646330_9305092_1363344345_n.jpg

Right - let's try this: It usually goes wrong!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430051_10150563456261331_681646330_9305091_2013876556_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/432004_10150563456366331_681646330_9305092_1363344345_n.jpg

Stoneage...... do you have a photobucket account...... If you load your pictures to photobucket...... choose the IMG prompt to copy them to TFF..... I now have to open them on your link..... Then I save them on my PC under "My Pics"..... Then I have to go and log in to my photobucket account and upload them there, before I can copy them from there to the TFF site..... I just cannot do that all the time..... (I have a full time job as well)

Here are your entries: (Nice tank by the way).....

Stoneage-1.jpg

Stoneage.jpg

Wow littlenemo your tank is looking great with the plants!!...thats a dwarf lily right? mine was just shipped as a bulb so I have to wait...

edit for typos

it sure is its areally nice plant. i cant decide weather to get some moss for the floor or not.
crazy.gif

I got a tiny little bunch of java moss {by accident} with my shrimp yesterday...I'm hoping it will grow out under the lights and co2, then I won't have to buy it :lol: More money toward other fish stuff. It never ends!

I dunno in your tank...it looks so clean. but then it might look really nice with some kind of foreground plants. Think your good to go either way really. Thats the good thing about having such a nice tank! :good:

Goodluck in the comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back