Malware Warning

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DrRob

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
We are aware of the Malware warning that is coming up from certain browsers.

We're not currently aware of any actual risk to our users and are working on getting the warning taken down.

Thanks for your patience.

It could possibly be linked to some of the ads appearing on the sides, might be worth investigating as well.

If you track it through then neither of the linked sites seem to actually exist.

I suspect it'll just take the filter software 24 hours or so to clear caches before it stops.

Otherwise, yes, we're aware of that possible avenue, but it should be traceable as to where it came from.

OK, this should all be sorted and cleared (not by me). Appears to have been something in the update that upset googles search tools and hit the site when it's eyes rested on us again after that happened.

If anyone is still getting any warnings then clearing down their caches should sort out the problem. Keep us posted if anyone is still having trouble.

OK, we're now picking up the same warning with some image hosting. Appears to be currently related to freeimagehosting and I can't imagine them letting google keep them on their list for very long, so hopefully that one will disappear soon. I've edited a couple of signatures and posts that I'm aware of (sorry if this means that I've cleared a picture from your signature) so that should free a few things up again.

Can I remind people that clearing caches will clear a lot of the residual warnings, but if you've done that then do keep letting us know where you see warnings.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back