Male or female

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Phalloceros

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have this longfin albino bristlenose, he/she has small tentacles but I thought I heard females can have smaller tentacles as well. Does anyone know the gender of this fish?
FCA53395-D56F-4D7C-83AB-844D78837976.jpeg
3E4203AA-128E-49D4-8B7E-A27468C858B3.jpeg
9BFCF26E-43CC-426F-BD66-66995CD4F000.jpeg
the fish is about 3 inches in size (head to start of the tail)

I added my male albino and hope to pair up and breed them, the he/she fish is over a year and a half old, but wasn’t cared for that proper (it’s a rescue for me) so it is about adult.

they are in my 32 gallon tank which is set up as a community breeding tank.

I added my male albino and hope to pair up and breed them, the he/she fish is over a year and a half old, but wasn’t cared for that proper (it’s a rescue for me) so it is about adult.

they are in my 32 gallon tank which is set up as a community breeding tank.
hmm it should be a female tho. can i see the other one? ive heard they can be territorial so if they dont like each other pls get them out

It might be a male with very small bristles. Here's a photo of my mature female. She has virtually no bristles, but I'm not sure how much this varies between individuals.

IMG_0116.JPG

hmm if it is a male that's a shame, I will keep an eye on agression, they get along fine now.

hmm if it is a male that's a shame, I will keep an eye on agression, they get along fine now.
yes with a bigger tank they migth not be so aggressive. if they gt along good if they dont maybe try moving them to one of your bigger tanks

I think I will put them with the other 2 male bristlenose in my 130 gallon, they've been in that tank and that works pretty good. try and find another pleco to breed in this tank

Most reactions

Back