Male or female

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phalloceros

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have this longfin albino bristlenose, he/she has small tentacles but I thought I heard females can have smaller tentacles as well. Does anyone know the gender of this fish?
FCA53395-D56F-4D7C-83AB-844D78837976.jpeg
3E4203AA-128E-49D4-8B7E-A27468C858B3.jpeg
9BFCF26E-43CC-426F-BD66-66995CD4F000.jpeg
the fish is about 3 inches in size (head to start of the tail)

I added my male albino and hope to pair up and breed them, the he/she fish is over a year and a half old, but wasn’t cared for that proper (it’s a rescue for me) so it is about adult.

they are in my 32 gallon tank which is set up as a community breeding tank.

I added my male albino and hope to pair up and breed them, the he/she fish is over a year and a half old, but wasn’t cared for that proper (it’s a rescue for me) so it is about adult.

they are in my 32 gallon tank which is set up as a community breeding tank.
hmm it should be a female tho. can i see the other one? ive heard they can be territorial so if they dont like each other pls get them out

It might be a male with very small bristles. Here's a photo of my mature female. She has virtually no bristles, but I'm not sure how much this varies between individuals.

IMG_0116.JPG

hmm if it is a male that's a shame, I will keep an eye on agression, they get along fine now.

hmm if it is a male that's a shame, I will keep an eye on agression, they get along fine now.
yes with a bigger tank they migth not be so aggressive. if they gt along good if they dont maybe try moving them to one of your bigger tanks

I think I will put them with the other 2 male bristlenose in my 130 gallon, they've been in that tank and that works pretty good. try and find another pleco to breed in this tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back