malasian trumpet snails

yes they can because bettas cant eat them because of their hard shell and they wont eat your plants just bits of food and poo :sick:

i found one not so long ago in the tank dont know how it got there but its kinda kwl

debiasir said:
can one of these go in with a betta and live plants in a 5 gallon.

ta
I had a female betta in my 10g tank and she grabbed a trumpet snail (by it's foot-it was moving about) and shook it. She didn't kill it but I'm sure that was her next step. I had a regular snail in with my male and he ate it and left the empty shell. I think it just depends on the betta.

yeah they'll be fine. I have hundreds of those in my 5 gallon tank with my betta and pigmy cories and a few shrimp...

they breed like mad and spend most of the day underneath the substrate so you barely see them during the day! Kinda cool snails

Yep, but remember that this species gives birth to live babies and doesn't need a husband (or wife) to do it!
You may end up with a multitude of snails!

I want these snails, but our pet stores here wont bring them in.
In fact, a couple of the "employees" I've spoke too about them have never even heard of em!
(I should be working there)
Anyways, a couple of peeps are selling them on ebay.
Can anyone tell me how much they run for where they live?
Just so I can see if I'm being ripped off or not in the event I order some.

thanks!

Oh ya, will my dojo eat em?
I dont mind, 'cause I'm planning on letting them "self" reproduce in a separate tank until I have plenty to go 'round in all my tanks.

:whistle:

the betta could kill them it just deopends on the individual betta.if you do get the snails there wil be hunderds of babies :lol:

I just sold 50 juviniles for $1.00 plus $5.00 shipping on Aquabid. I can sell you some if you want them... unless you are in England or another country, becasuse shipping would be too expensive.

I have never seen a fish kill them... IMO, they are almost indestructable because of their extremely hard shells. :flex:

Most reactions

Back