Making My 800 Gal.... Bigger

I just found this and it is pretty sweet. Your sending Bert to the Zoo?

Do your kids love fish too, What do they think of it all? Not every home has a 800 Gal aquarium. Do you think your love of the hobby will/has rubbed off on them?

I've just been on youtube and there's a couple of new videos about his tank, one of them he feeds some worms to the fish, which is quite funny, watching the fish with worms in their mouths, and sucking them up like spaghetti. Also there's another one where he goes swimming in the tank as one of the fish died due to a cover coming off, thought i'd post them in casre anyones interested:

Worm feeding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jLul82HtwQ...feature=related

Swimming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvx9mcoV08E

Sorry folks, I never got notified of responses. Thank you for the kind words :)

Re: Making my 800 800 gallons bigger :)

Well, let's see.... I'm starting to realize even though there's a few supporters out there who have given to the cause, it seems as if I'm in over my head. I've been struggling to keep MFR alive since its inception. Now it seems the cruel reality is that I'm $20,000 in debt, I'm at risk of loosing my home, the utilities are once again a month behind and at risk of being shut off, and it's all because I've decided to rescue fish! LOL. Good news is I did get a raise and work looks like it's beginning to pick up. It seems as if I will be putting MFR on the back burner and getting rid of most if not all of the fish. This ught to be interesting because just about every fish here is here because people didn't want them LOL

That being said, I'll be listing everything that's here on the website as soon as I can get it formatted. If you're interested in what I've got feel free to email me and I can send the list as an attatchment :)
[email protected]

All adoption fees are negotiable.

Oh that really stinks that you'll be having to rehome a lot of the fish! Hopefully they'll all go to great homes though.
I would totally take Bert off your hands, but alas, we don't have the room for such a massive fish :(

did you use silicone to adhere the glass, im just finnishing my 265 gall thats made from wood and some people where i live suggested a polyurathane product. i got the inside of the tank coated wth a layer of fiberglass mat and resin as an extra incase the pond armour does ever leak and am going to put the pond armour ontop of the fiberglass. one other question, did the pond armour cover as much area as claimed, im ordering 3 quarts for safety sake but their website claims 1.5 quarts will cover 60sqft at 10mill which seem like alot for one 1.5 quart. thanks

Anymore Updates dude on how everything is doing, I loved watching this tank.

Oh that really stinks that you'll be having to rehome a lot of the fish! Hopefully they'll all go to great homes though.
I would totally take Bert off your hands, but alas, we don't have the room for such a massive fish :(

I guess I don't quite understand why I'm not getting notified of responses... That really kind of bumbs me out :(

Amunet, everyone "wants" Bert. Bert is very cool, very responsive and his eating habits are the coolest thing about him. He's eaten bananas out of our hands, strawberries, tomatoes, grapes, cucumber, fish filets, and well, just about anything you can think of! Not to mention he thinks he's a people which makes him that much more personable. I'd say minimum footprint for bert would be a 8'x4' tank...

did you use silicone to adhere the glass, im just finnishing my 265 gall thats made from wood and some people where i live suggested a polyurathane product. i got the inside of the tank coated wth a layer of fiberglass mat and resin as an extra incase the pond armour does ever leak and am going to put the pond armour ontop of the fiberglass. one other question, did the pond armour cover as much area as claimed, im ordering 3 quarts for safety sake but their website claims 1.5 quarts will cover 60sqft at 10mill which seem like alot for one 1.5 quart. thanks

Yes, I siliconed the glass and all of the inside corners to boot. Be sure to scuff up the pond armor with 60 grit sand paper before siliconing. Butch from pond armor was very informative on the do's and don'ts with pond armor. He, in my opinion is what customer service people should be like. I give compliments when they are deserved!

As for the coverage with the product, it depends on the temperature of it and the ambient temperature. The warmer the better!

I hope this wasn't too late! Again, sorry for the non responses :shout:

I'm speachless

\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
-
Sorry, I fainted and fell all the way down here WOW.

:blush: Thanks, I appreciate the compliments :)

Anymore Updates dude on how everything is doing, I loved watching this tank.

Well, kind of a bit of grim video update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcc7s7K7zSU

WOW - What an adventure.

Wonder, anguish, anticipation, awe, gutted!

Hows it going now, are you able to save the (fish) WORLD?

Better than any film I've watched!!

Most reactions

trending

Back