Maidenhead Aquatics........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

platyperson

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know in what maidenhead aquatics branch I can find a freshwater puffer? Ive only been able to find brakish ones like green spotted puffers and mbu puffers.

MBU puffers are FW not brackish.

MA branches are not the best places for picking up oddballs, small independatnt shops often have a better selection of oddball fish as they have no stocklist to stick to and are free to import whatever fish they want.

I got a Dragon puffer from Maidenhead aquatics in Harlestone Heath....Its an awesome fish, they also had South American puffers there too

The one at Crowland nr Peterborough (its in a wyvale garden center) has some South american puffers (Colomesus asellus), phone them to check though as they only had a few left yesterday.

Jon

I live in maidenhead and the original store is just down the road in bourne end. I brought a SA puffer from there. It was in the brackish section, but I introduced FW whilst he sat in the bag for an hour or so.... released him and he has been fine ever since!

Maidenhead Aquatics in Northhampton has an awesome selection of puffers, last time I went in, they had:
  • ¦ SA Puffers
    ¦ GSPs
    ¦ Fig 8s
    ¦ Red Eyes
    ¦ Mbus
    ¦ Fahakas!
:blink: Big selection, and they were all kept in good conditions (Fahaka was on it's own, only had Baby Mbus in the biggest tank) a few times when I went in, they had a HUGE mbu! He was at least 1 and a half feet (had pretty big teeth too, lol)!

They also have a large selection of loaches etc and the staff are really good! Like it there! :thumbs:

Mbus are freshwater puffers? Ooops! the Hillingdon and Osterely MA's are the only ones I can get to (and the Iver one but I have never been there before) What size tank do Mbu's need?

Have you tried going to cruize hill in Enfield (London)? They have a maidenhead aquatics centre there. But incase they dont have what you want, there's also about 10 other fish stores on the same road!

PM me if you want directions

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back