LUMP ON GOLDFISH HEAD

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
867747ED-87FF-4B1A-9C55-7F48AC3D99F4.png
Well, Iā€™m one of the few on here that do go for the meds if Freshwater isnā€™t working or something is spreading. For the record, my first choice is 70% water changes each day for 2 weeks and aquarium salt at one tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Each day as you change water put back that much of salt. Example, if you remove 50% of water then add back 50% of the aquarium salt. If the fungus is spreading quickly then go ahead and try some API Fungus Cure. I believe Jungle Cure also treats fungus. If the fish continues to decline then we will have to go to antibiotics such as Kanamycin and Furan-2. Keep us posted.
I guess Colin responded while I was typing. Iā€™d recommend Furan-2 for anti bacterial med. Itā€™s made by API.

Last edited:
Well, Iā€™m one of the few on here that do go for the meds if Freshwater isnā€™t working or something is spreading. For the record, my first choice is 70% water changes each day for 2 weeks and aquarium salt at one tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Each day as you change water put back that much of salt. Example, if you remove 50% of water then add back 50% of the aquarium salt. If the fungus is spreading quickly then go ahead and try some API Fungus Cure. I believe Jungle Cure also treats fungus. If the fish continues to decline then we will have to go to antibiotics such as Kanamycin and Furan-2. Keep us posted.
I do thank you for all of your help. I have no money until Thursday so Im hoping the salt water change will help Pumpkin enough for now. :) I had some sponge filters a few years ago that I stopped using because they would clog up so fast then overflowed onto the floor a lot. Not good for the wall or flooring. They are for a smaller tank but can I rinse them out and use them again for this tank?

Hello,
My fish has a large lump on the top of its head. It seems to be clear except for red close to the head. Behavior is normal. Its underbelly is becoming white as well. Is it serious? Is it something I can do anything abut?
Thank you. :)
Good Morning everyone, I want to thank you for all your help and let you know that Pumpkin is all better now! It took about 3 weeks and I didnt need to buy the medicine. We got rid of the old silk plants he had and bought some plastic ones. I cant afford to keep buying live ones that he would eat all the time. lol We also got new stones and put some salt in the water two or three times a week, about a tablespoon worth. We also bought some more flakes so he has a variety. We were wondering if he should be getting the pellets. But for now all is great! Oh ya I have been trying to take a picture of him to show you but he is very camera shy now. lol

Goldfish are vegetarian and need plant matter in their diet. If you get some Duckweed (floating plant), you can grow it outside in containers and add some to the tank each week. The fish will eat the stuff in the tank and the stuff outside can continue growing. You can grow other plants outdoors too and bring them in as required.

If the fish is better then stop adding salt.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back