Luke's Rio 180 Reef

You want to now buffer to 3-4meq/ml alk, or 9-11 ppm for the alk to be in proportion to the calcium. As you add buffer, watch the calc as it can come down a little. There is a lovely relationship chart in Delbeek and Sprungs, The Reef Aquarium Volume 3. It shows how to keep the alk and calc balanced, you will be there if you can get alk between those figures. The middle of the range will be fine.

440 calc and 1360 mag are fine, you don't need bang on, but to be within a range. As you add the alk now, they will balance each other out.

Great pics Luke..the strange stem algae is a banana algae..these are semi calcereous and unfortunately normally die back over a few months..unusual little macro algae that seems to pop out of live rock occasionally.
Nice to see that your new beauty has settled in well there and out cruising the tank...

Great pics Luke..the strange stem algae is a banana algae..these are semi calcereous and unfortunately normally die back over a few months..unusual little macro algae that seems to pop out of live rock occasionally.
Nice to see that your new beauty has settled in well there and out cruising the tank...

Yeah I've had a few already but they died as you said. This is the biggest one I've had though. Coral Beauty is doing great shame there is a smear on the photo somehow.

Anyway Tina I already checked that and I think 425ppm Ca balances with 9 KH so I'm going for that.

Maybe getting a couple of bits off a local reefer this weekened :D. By the way couldn't catch the clowns but the wrasse doesn't seem to have whitespot. Anyway they seem to let it out sometimes mainly when the main lights not on and stuff, it's weird.

Update yay! BTW Clownfish is in prison whilst my wrasse recovers from white spots / frayed fin.

SN850643.jpg

SN850644.jpg

SN850647.jpg

SN850648.jpg

SN850653.jpg

SN850661.jpg

SN850663.jpg

SN850665.jpg

SN850680.jpg

SN850682.jpg

SN850684.jpg

SN850651.jpg

SN850655.jpg

Looking good Luke, have you thought of getting an emerald crab to get rid of that hair algae?

Seffie x

ps thanks for sharing your photos

Looking good Luke, have you thought of getting an emerald crab to get rid of that hair algae?

Seffie x

ps thanks for sharing your photos

No I haven't do you think I should? I'm also thinking of getting a conch as they are more robust than my nassarius that disappeared.

BTW I'm getting some more corals next week.

I'm thinking the same thing - was wondering about a fighting conch. The emerald crab would make short work of the algae, but suppose it is depends if you like crabs

Seffie x

I'm thinking the same thing - was wondering about a fighting conch. The emerald crab would make short work of the algae, but suppose it is depends if you like crabs

Seffie x

Yeah I think when I sell my computer that I don't use I will buy them off reefstock. Yeah crabs are ok I have a hitchhiker mithrax but he is very shy and stays inside the rock. I have red hermits too.

Ah, Mithrax is an emerald crab - must admit though they don't usually hide away unless very small

Seffie x

Ah, Mithrax is an emerald crab - must admit though they don't usually hide away unless very small

Seffie x

Nah it's not an emerald one it's a different species apparently. I will get an emerald one also I think.

well, you can get black mithrax - but its the same species just black :lol:

Seffie x

Seffie x

Nah it's not an emerald one it's a different species apparently. I will get an emerald one also I think.

well, you can get black mithrax - but its the same species just black :lol:

Seffie x

Nah I think it's different. Might not even be a mithrax thats what lots of people told me though.

Anyway I'll get a green one too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back