Luke's New Juwel Lido 120

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Tank: 120L Approx. / 32USG / 27 UKG (60cmL X 40cmD X 60cmH)
Filter: Juwel Internal Filter 600lph, Fluval 104 480lph, 8 times turnover an hour.
Lighting: 2 x 24W Juwel T5s. One 'Day' (Blue) and the other Nature (Orange). 1.5WPG (US). May upgrade in 6 months or more, will probably get reflectors soon.
CO2: None, maybe getting pressurised in 6 months or more.
Substrate: 2cm Tetraplant Complete Substrate, 1cm Pea Gravel, 4cm Argos Playsand.
Fertilisers: None, maybe in 6 months like the rest..

12/01/08: Tank set up, filled with substrate, plants, decor and water, Filters and heaters turned on (Note 1 heater will be going tomorrow.)
13/01/08: Fish added, 1 Heater removed. Made a coconut cave!
15/01/08: Pictures!
17/01/08: Added two 'Dutch' Rams, tomorrow I'll post pictures.
2?/01/08: Added black card to the back.
03/02/08: Switched some of the plants around so that the taller are at the back, the sword is where I can monitor it better... etc.

Plant Stocking (Taken from Greenline since I'm not educated enough yet):

10 X MICRO SAGITTARIA
3 X DWARF SWORDS
2 X SAGITTARIA NATANS
7 X BABY TEARS BACOPA
5 X CRYPTOCORYNE WENDTII
1 X NARROW SWORD
10 X MYACCA FLUVIATILIS
5 X CREEPING JENNY
5 X HYGRO. POLYSPERMA
5 X STRAIGHT VALLISNERIA
5 X ELODEA DENSA
5 X LUDWIGIA NATANS

As of now, the plants are a bit iffy. With bits of leaves missing and the Hygro looking a bit down. Most of the plants don't have much on them. But I'm counting on them growing new leaves etc.

Fish (& Inverts) Stocking:

6 X Silver Tip Tetra
6 X Cherry Barb
6 X Corydoras Sterbai (Future Plans to double this)
1 X Angelfish (Future Plans for another)
1 X Pearl Gourami (Future Plans for 2 more)
2 X Dutch Ram
1 X Zebra Danio
10 X Malaysian Trumpet Snail (so far)

Random Story:

I got this tank for christmas (as I had asked :blush: ). I am now in a lot of debt with my parents, but not all is lost since I have to sell one of my tanks, that'll fix it a bit. I had been planning a planted tank for three months since my previous 60L attempt was dreadful after the initial superb growth, basically I had 1WPG lighting and Pea Gravel. Since my space is limited to 2 feet or so, I decided a Juwel Lido would be perfect, which indeed, it is (so far.) Can't really think of much else to put here.

Hopefully I will take pictures tomorrow with my Mum's new camera, but don't count on it. It looks quite bare so far (mainly vertically.) I have 1 piece of bogwood which is quite like a cave. Then I have my back - midground plants bunched near each other, the front plants are more spread out.

If anyone has an questions, then do feel free to ask!

Pictures:

PearlGourami1.jpg

Pearl Gourami

Lido1.jpg

The Tank

CorydorasSterbai1.jpg

Sterbai :)

Coconut1.jpg

My coconut.

AngelfishKoiMarble1.jpg

Angelfish :)

Thanks for looking!

Hi Luke, very nice should look really good when it has filled out,regards john

Yeah I hope so my plants look a bit crap but that's because they were posted.

Hopefully they will fix themselves.

I recently found out that my water is soft!!

I'm gonna get a couple of rams, more corys and another angelfish eventually.

Coconut1.jpg

My coconut.

Thanks for looking!
[/quote]

Whats the name of that plant?
and your tank looks great, and will look better wen it fills out!! :good:

Hi thanks, today I got two dutch rams. Though their probably the 'rubbish' asian ones. Hopefully they'll settle in alright.

Since then I've switched it around a bit.

Some of the plants have moved and I now have diatoms in my tank.

There has been lots of grow but of course some haven't grown much at all.

I'm getting some MTS later in the week so I'm going to see how they do with fixing my situation.

I'll try update then.

Oh yeah I forgot to add some progress other than the set-backs.

The Hygro has gone mad (I thought It was going to die...), as has the Vallis, Elodea, the Ludwigia and Myacca have grown a bit. (For refence the Elodea and Vallis could be sticking out the water if they wanted, the Hygro is getting tall and bushy.)

The swords, crypts and sags are under surveilance from me since they aren't doing exceptionally well. The Bacopa and Moneywort are doing ok, but not great. I wonder if I can squeeze some more money out of my parents for reflectors...

Lots of algae at the moment, I got some mts but I know they won't be able to deal with it yet, I'm going to clean all the algae off at the weekend and see how the mts do. Tank has changed around a bit too. I put some rocks in because the sand was eroding away.

My rams have whitespot now.

I have turned temperature on heater to 32C, done 50% water change and added first half dose of waterlife protozin.

The tank has potential. In all honesty, though, I think your substrate is too rich for your current plant load, which may explain some algae issues. You just don't have enough plant matter to utilize the rich substrate. Might want to add more plants and possibly consider CO2 injection to give the plants an edge. I like the sand, and am considering adding sand to a future project.

llj

The plants have filled out a lot now, I will try and remember to get some pictures up.

Sadly most of the foreground plants have algae on them.

I can't really add more plants right now since I'm strapped for cash.

CO2 is a possibility when my birthday comes around in June.

The plants have filled out a lot now, I will try and remember to get some pictures up.

Sadly most of the foreground plants have algae on them.

I can't really add more plants right now since I'm strapped for cash.

CO2 is a possibility when my birthday comes around in June.

Couldn't you make up a DIY to help?

Most reactions

Back