Lowering Ph? Its 8.4

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi Everyone ...

So this is the first time this is happened to me ...

My PH is 8.4 which is unusual as all my other tanks sit at 7.6

Now I have fish in the tank.

Is it time for Bog Wood?
 
whats the ph out of the tap? what decorations do you have specififcally substrate and rock decor? which tank is it?
 
Well I haven't measured the PH from the tap sounds like a smart thing to do but being that every other tank I have ran has been a steady 7.6 ... I think its the Hagen GEO System ...
 
Do you have any rocks in the aquarium? What kind of substrate? There is probably something buffering the water that is causing the Ph to increase in the tank. Find it, and remove it, and your Ph will go back to normal! :good:
 
I think the problem is the HAGEN GEO System Substrate ... if this is the case after testing tonight ... I have to take down the tank and replace with a different substrate?
 
Well I will try and control the problem ... if I can't maybe a puffer is not for me ... no doubt I can control it though.
 
Just incase anyone was wondering when I got home and measured the water ... it measured a 7.8 soooo ... it was the rocks.

Pictures coming soon ... shame it did this ... the rocks looked good.
 
Still running the tests to make 100% sure but yeah I was pleased this was so short termed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top