FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Bright, but i find them sorta snippy with each other. Possibly just hangry little things.

Theyre also terrible beggars, come to the front of the tank to see if i have food for them.

received_907512639690540.jpeg
received_688131515329810.jpeg
received_226720058518276.jpeg
received_499769370720081.jpeg

I love neons. Unfortunately most of mine developed some new disease that people have been reporting. Deanasue had it as well. It's a hard growth on their lips, kinda looks like a mustache. When they stopped being able to eat I had to euthanize them:(

Ive had them for some time now without issues. Ive heard of a lot of the issues with them, but ive not lost a single one and theyve all been quite sturdy. I got 10 total.

Bright, but i find them sorta snippy with each other. Possibly just hangry little things.

Theyre also terrible beggars, come to the front of the tank to see if i have food for them.

View attachment 101981View attachment 101982View attachment 101983View attachment 101984
Putting another shoal of like tetra species with them if room allows decreases aggression and nippyness as the other tetras species signals to them the lack of predators to like species and helps them feel safe and they will loosely shoal with other tetra species.
Ive had glo lights tetra, rummy nose, black neons ,neons, flame tetras all shoal together in one tank. good looking neons!

Last edited:
I have glow light, ember and red eyed tetras in with my neons but I have lost several neons and a couple of embers, I also had the growth on the mouth. It has been awhile since I lost any fish. My glow lights did not loose any since I bought them. I have 13 of them. I have been holding off on replacing my neons because of the health problems I have heard of.

Putting another shoal of like tetra species with them if room allows decreases aggression and nippyness as the other tetras species signals to them the lack of predators to like species and helps them feel safe and they will loosely shoal with other tetra species.
Ive had glo lights tetra, rummy nose, black neons ,neons, flame tetras all shoal together in one tank. good looking neons!
I got them in with black neons. Who are perfect happy citizens.

I think i just have a male heavy group of neons. Got a 50/50 ratio of males and females and its the males always bickering with one another.

I got them in with black neons. Who are perfect happy citizens.

I think i just have a male heavy group of neons. Got a 50/50 ratio of males and females and its the males always bickering with one another.
Cool i like black neons as well. Yup sounds like you have a heavy male shoal lol. Those silly males always fighting over the ladies:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back