looking to start a pond

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CraZ4fiSHieS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey We are doing some projects in the backyard and got the idea to put a pond in. :nod: Dont really have specifics yet, but is there any advice on this? :huh: Are they like fish tanks and need to cycle? -_- Do I have to let it establish itself before I add fish like a new tank?? :unsure: Any chance I can put my common plec in there since hes getting quite large and we are sad to part with him?? :blink: Any good info. websites I can check out? :S Any help is cool! Thanx~ :p :thumbs:

Advice on ponds. Mmmm :unsure: where do you want me to start?
Tell me is it a garden pond, a sunken pond, a built up pond. What is it going to be made from, or is it preformed? Is it going to be a nature pond or a formal pond. what are you intending to use it for? ie keeping Koi or wildfish or just a nature pond. All this you need to consider before embarking on your pond. A pond is not just a hole in the ground with water and throw a few fishes in. I don't mean to sound flippant, but you need specifics before you start. Everything you need to do for an aquarium to start off you need to do with a pond, with possibly the exception of a heater for the pond. Ask me if you need more info. Your plec will die in cold water. Min temp for plec is 22C.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back