Looking For Supplies/equipment...

Gun

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
North East UK
Hey guys

Can you help me to find some things I need for my fish room...?

I'm looking for this...Mesh

It's perfect for my needs, but I need it in less quantity..do you know where I can find it...? Or any other plastic mesh with 5mm appertures?
 
A buddies wife does needlepoint, it looks similar but white. You may want to look at a craft or hobby store.
 
Go to a home supply/DIY store and look for patio or door screening. They sell soft plastic stuff, the stuff I bought was called polyfiber screen or something similar. Its basically a black mesh and looks really similar to the stuff in the link you gave. Its really felxable and I've used it to make dividers for tanks.

You can look for insect netting too.
 
Ok thanks for the advice, guys :good:

I'm also after some black gravel/ sand. I'm after 25-50kg and it's expensive stuff. Do you know of anybody selling it at around £1 per Kilo?
 
Hmmm, any ideas of a cheap alternative to the usual 'expensive' backgrounds?

I would like to black out all of my tanks at the back and I was thinking maybe binliners or strong plastic rubble bags? If cut and fitted carefully, they should look ok..shouldn't they? I don't want to paint them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top