Looking For Something A Little Different

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Colonials66

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a 240l tropical community tank, with  the usual community fish like guppies, swordtails, corys, X-ray tetras, dwarf guorami's, RTS and an angel. I'm currently about 80% stocked. But I'm looking for a new addition but want something a little different, so no endlers or anything like that. Was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for something different? Maybe with a bit of colour?

Thanks

someone suggested celestial pearl danios to me and to be honest they are quiet nice looking fish

Thanks. I am currently looking at getting another angel, just trying to find the right one.

Bosemani rainbows...a school of 6-8 would be perfect for your tank. Take care of them and they have great color, they do prefer to be in planted tanks so keep that in mind.

Be careful when adding another angel, They need to be a breeding pair which is rare. If there not a breeding pair they'll kill each other. Also if the breeding pair breed they'll attack the other fish in the tank very easily.

Scates11 said:
Bosemani rainbows...a school of 6-8 would be perfect for your tank. Take care of them and they have great color, they do prefer to be in planted tanks so keep that in mind.
Bosemani's are one of my favourite fish but they get pretty big and given the stocking you have I'd guess a shoal of these would tip you over the edge in terms of stocking

Dwarf Neon rainbows might be an option...

7B1FA95F-2142-470E-B8A4-9BB2BE9F651E-1585-00000289F6B9525E.jpg

You want something colourful like my male apistogramma Agassizi fire red. His girlfriend isn't bad looking either ;) or his kids

fishaddict52 said:
You might look into flag fish,GBR's.Angle's need 2 or more.
Don't add another angel, the chances are they will fight. Flagfish tend to prefer much cooler temps.

I have six rainbows in my 240 and they are stunning, just make sure you make up for it with big water changes...

Most reactions

Back