Looking for opinions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flowerfairy13

Reaction score
Hello everyone 👋🏻
I am working on a little project with my friend @rebe! We would really love your input on 2 questions.
“What is the number one thing you wish you were told when you first started fish keeping?”
AND
“What do you feel is the most beneficial thing you have learned in your time as a fish keeper?”
We would really love to hear all of your thoughts on this! ☺️ Thank you in advance!!

I wish I'd been told to slow down - at the outset, I wanted to keep everything, and, well, I tried to. I overstocked.

Beneficial? The usefulness of hatching brine shrimp, and the usefulness of regular water changes have been beneficial to the fish. To me, I've gained a lot from learning about fish, and taking what I can learn about diversity seriously.

#1 was that live plants beat heck out of plastic and silk ones as they keep a tank healthier as well as providing cover for fry and other fish.

Beneficial: If you buy fish that get shipped to you, one live healthy fish is worth at least three DOAS.

Whew, where to begin. I don't know if I have a #1. I wish I had known about water changes and the nitrogen cycle, how and why to grow live plants, small tank=small fish.

Beneficial: Same insights. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back