Looking For Fishkeepers In Aberdeenshire

I live just south of the city, and keep marines. I have a few tanks and some equipment for sale at the moment too.
I agree about the shops in Aberdeen, they only want one thing from you, and it isn't repeat business......


what have you for sale?

where u do u stay?
 
My mistake, I only have 2 and you can have them both for £25. One is a 12" curvy cube with light, the other is slightly bigger with only a powerhead.


Hi,

Nano tank is a new term to me and on looking up the net I found a few different answers.. so Im wondering what are the nano tanks you have for? are they for making a small marine set up? do you have a pic of one or is there a website that sells something similar I could look at to get an idea of what your sellling?

Sorry for the dumb questions..
 
Hi,

Nano tank is a new term to me and on looking up the net I found a few different answers.. so Im wondering what are the nano tanks you have for? are they for making a small marine set up? do you have a pic of one or is there a website that sells something similar I could look at to get an idea of what your sellling?

Sorry for the dumb questions..

Tag,
Nano is a name for tanks under a certain size, usually used in marine terms. I have a 12" cube tank, which was set up as a reef tank for a few months before I moved house, it takes more work than bigger tanks (as with all kinds of fish keeping) to keep things right, but can be so much more rewarding. My main dispay tank atm is only holds 125 litres before displacement, so some would argue that is also a nano :blink: There are a few manufacturers making what they call nano tas, look up the redsea max, or the D&D nano and you'll see what sort of sizes they come in.

There is no such thing as a dumb question, it's the only way we learn things :good:
 
This kind of thing?

1025767-1.jpg


If so what would a complete newbie in nano tanks need to get a set up going in one of your tanks?

Im guessing there will be loads of additional hardware needed to huh?

Regards
Tag
 
A basic nano tank can be run on just a heater, lights and powerhead. The best thing you can do for a marine nano is regular water changes. I did run one of them without a protein skimmer, but that was with only 1 small fish in it. A lot of people keep nano tanks with just corals in them, with maybe a couple of small fish like clownfish or gobies. The main thing you need is patience, only bad things happen quickly in marine tanks :good:
 
A basic nano tank can be run on just a heater, lights and powerhead. The best thing you can do for a marine nano is regular water changes. I did run one of them without a protein skimmer, but that was with only 1 small fish in it. A lot of people keep nano tanks with just corals in them, with maybe a couple of small fish like clownfish or gobies. The main thing you need is patience, only bad things happen quickly in marine tanks :good:


Thanks for that....

I think Im still a wee bit away from the marines..I do recal a trip into town to a LFS and was interested in trying to make my Juwel 180 into a marine tank and I thought I was going to have to sell a kidney to get all the gear I needed..

Im sure you will sell them in here at the price your asking :good:
 
A basic nano tank can be run on just a heater, lights and powerhead. The best thing you can do for a marine nano is regular water changes. I did run one of them without a protein skimmer, but that was with only 1 small fish in it. A lot of people keep nano tanks with just corals in them, with maybe a couple of small fish like clownfish or gobies. The main thing you need is patience, only bad things happen quickly in marine tanks :good:


Thanks for that....

I think Im still a wee bit away from the marines..I do recal a trip into town to a LFS and was interested in trying to make my Juwel 180 into a marine tank and I thought I was going to have to sell a kidney to get all the gear I needed..

Im sure you will sell them in here at the price your asking :good:

I used to think the same as you, but marines are easier to keep than you think, just don't believe anything the shops up here tell you and you will be fine.
I started with a rio 240, and got all the kit from a mate who was selling up and bits from ebay. It cost me less than £350 to get it going, but I spent more once I knew what I wanted to keep in there coral wise. I have a 2 foot cube for sale atm, with a sump, return pump, all the pipe work you need for £150, all you would need to add is a light and skimmer and you would be sorted. If you look at the specialist marine forums you can pick up gear cheaply enough. So it may cost a little more than tropicals, but not that much more and once you change you won't go back. I gave up 25 tanks full of malawis for 1 marine tank, and I don't regret it at all.
 
A basic nano tank can be run on just a heater, lights and powerhead. The best thing you can do for a marine nano is regular water changes. I did run one of them without a protein skimmer, but that was with only 1 small fish in it. A lot of people keep nano tanks with just corals in them, with maybe a couple of small fish like clownfish or gobies. The main thing you need is patience, only bad things happen quickly in marine tanks :good:


Thanks for that....

I think Im still a wee bit away from the marines..I do recal a trip into town to a LFS and was interested in trying to make my Juwel 180 into a marine tank and I thought I was going to have to sell a kidney to get all the gear I needed..

Im sure you will sell them in here at the price your asking :good:

I used to think the same as you, but marines are easier to keep than you think, just don't believe anything the shops up here tell you and you will be fine.
I started with a rio 240, and got all the kit from a mate who was selling up and bits from ebay. It cost me less than £350 to get it going, but I spent more once I knew what I wanted to keep in there coral wise. I have a 2 foot cube for sale atm, with a sump, return pump, all the pipe work you need for £150, all you would need to add is a light and skimmer and you would be sorted. If you look at the specialist marine forums you can pick up gear cheaply enough. So it may cost a little more than tropicals, but not that much more and once you change you won't go back. I gave up 25 tanks full of malawis for 1 marine tank, and I don't regret it at all.


Thanks,

They are awsome tanks to watch.. I think some of the corals are as facinating to watch as the fish and other critters you see in them and the colours.. just blow you away..

I will pluck up the courage one day...

Thanks for your comments :good:
 
Thanks,

They are awsome tanks to watch.. I think some of the corals are as facinating to watch as the fish and other critters you see in them and the colours.. just blow you away..

I will pluck up the courage one day...

Thanks for your comments :good:

No problem, just don't let the shops in Aberdeen put you off with the high prices they charge. I don't buy anything from the shops up here anymore, it costs too much :crazy: The corals are what attracted me to marines too, and I am currently setting up another tank just for them, with maybe a couple of fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top