Looking For A Bigger, Peaceful Fish

pseudotropheus demasoni cichlid, looks great and will fit your tank i guess. :blink:

Lol i forgot they are malawis and will not be compatible with your rams, but it case you ddin`t want rams that much then go for them. remember cichlids need lots of rocks and hiding places. B-) B-)

pseudotropheus demasoni cichlid, looks great and will fit your tank i guess. :blink:

Lol i forgot they are malawis and will not be compatible with your rams, but it case you ddin`t want rams that much then go for them. remember cichlids need lots of rocks and hiding places. B-) B-)

Ehh.. I know malawi's aren't known for their quiet nature. Also they tend to like a pretty high pH. I don't know much about the one you mentioned, but I'm gonna try to avoid africans.

But I've got lots of rocks and hiding places, alright. Even if the fish don't use them much in this tank, I still just love the looks of em. Got driftwood, plants, cichlid stones, and a decent sized cave.

If it was just a little larger, I'd probably build a cichlid community. But I'm looking for somethin new here.

I do have a friend that's been begging me for the rams, at that, but I already went ahead and got a female opaline gourami just to see if she'll work out. And if not, I'd got other places to put her.

Pair of Keyhole Cichlids?
That was my initial idea for this tank, I really love keyhole cichlids. But I was aiming local, since ordering fish is expensive and somewhat risky in my eyes. So I went out and got a female opaline gourami to see if she'll work well.

Get an Angel. they are great. Very lovely to look at & great personalitys. Mine actualy comes to my hand at feeding time.

Tom

Keyhole Cichlids would work if it wasn't for the Rams... May make for a little aggression. :/

I have seen some stunning Pearl Gourami's today, super nice fish! Shame the rest of the LFS wasn't much kop.

Please try to research fish before you recommend them. Notice the title says 'peaceful'? Cichlids are anything but peaceful, Demasoni can be particularly aggressive and should be kept as a single fish or a large group in a Malawi setup. They also have vastly different requirements to the OP's other fish.

Get an Angel. they are great. Very lovely to look at & great personalitys. Mine actualy comes to my hand at feeding time.

Tom
+1 :good:

In terms of the Psd. Demasoni, I would avoid these to be honest, They should be in groups of 10 minimum to be happy and show off there colours, They require a Low Protein High Veg diet and Definalty wouldnt be right for the Ram. They are also agressive little things, I know, Ive kept them. Squabbles always break out and should be kept as either a species only tank or with something of similar aggression, labidochromis caeruleus work particularly well with these species. They are pretty fish, Esp the Yellow Labs (L.Cartuleus)

Keyhole Cichlids would work if it wasn't for the Rams... May make for a little aggression. :/

I have seen some stunning Pearl Gourami's today, super nice fish! Shame the rest of the LFS wasn't much kop.
Would they really go after the rams? I've read up a lot on them, they seem so timid!

Please try to research fish before you recommend them. Notice the title says 'peaceful'? Cichlids are anything but peaceful, Demasoni can be particularly aggressive and should be kept as a single fish or a large group in a Malawi setup. They also have vastly different requirements to the OP's other fish.

I missed the peaceful part oops, guess i really wanted one for myself, but not possible to keep one in 20g huh?

I missed the peaceful part oops, guess i really wanted one for myself, but not possible to keep one in 20g huh?

Maybe if you keep it with absolutely nothing else. But then I don't think it would be particularly happy.

Would they really go after the rams? I've read up a lot on them, they seem so timid!

It all depends on the fish's temperament. They will be sharing the same area, and if they decide to pair and breed then there is going to be aggression, its more or less innevitable.

what about getting females, will there still be aggression issue ? also what say about red jewels ?

what about getting females, will there still be aggression issue ? also what say about red jewels ?
I have a red jewel and she everything but peaceful. I have been able to keep her with my severums with little problems but she still nipped at them. She currently has her own 55g. She is a true psychopath

As already stated, its cool that you are trying to help, but research your suggestions. If I were to put my Red Jewel in Onidrase's tank, she would kill everything in it. She almost wrecked a Green Terror that was 2 inches bigger than her. (Green Terror is back at the LFS and is doing well)

The only thing I have been able to keep her with is an upside down catfish.

I have a red jewel and she everything but peaceful. I have been able to keep her with my severums with little problems but she still nipped at them. She currently has her own 55g. She is a true psychopath

As already stated, its cool that you are trying to help, but research your suggestions. If I were to put my Red Jewel in Onidrase's tank, she would kill everything in it. She almost wrecked a Green Terror that was 2 inches bigger than her. (Green Terror is back at the LFS and is doing well)

The only thing I have been able to keep her with is an upside down catfish.
Ha, she seems like a charmer :crazy:

You could add more upside down catfish to that tank if you've only got one. They do like their company

Females are not guarenteed to mean less aggression, they can still be territorial.

Red jewels are super aggressive the majority of the time!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back