Longest Running Filter...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AncientMariner

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just wondering with many asking the question on forums - what external filter is the best, Eheim, Fluval etc..

How long has yours been running?

for quality and reliability , eheim by miles . 1 of mine is a about 5 years old the other is only about 4 months old , both rock solid. a mate at work has 2 eheim classics that have been running for almost 20 years and are still going strong.

All my filters are 2nd hand. My Eheim pro 2 has been running for 4 years before I had it 2 years ago (6 years) it has needed a replacement o ring for the primer though. My Fluval 405 was running for about 3 years apparently til I got it 2 years ago. I've had to replace the impellor shaft and cover but only recently. I have been running my tetratec ex700 for 3 years and can't remember how old it was when I got it. However it has just died and tetra have sent a new motor head (arrived 2 days after phoning them!) but hasn't cured the leak. I would always go with Eheim and have ordered a new one to replace my tetratec.

I have a fluval 4 internal filter I have been running continuously now for 10 years, not had to replace any parts only sponges and thats been running on turtle tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back