Lolobunnz's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Remember how I mentioned all my high fins were nervous and hiding all the time and how unusual it was? Found out...its ME! All of a sudden they are terrified of me! WHY! when I sit at the computer across the room I turn around and there they are all swimming and beatiful. But as soon as I get up they flutter to the brush! What the hell you guys. Fesh. What are you doin fesh. FESH. STAHP! uhg.

At least those tiny fry don't hate me yet :/.

Even the male I moved to the tank is now doing it with them. Its not water changes I do those all the time they've been fine. I'm not prodding around the tank and messing with them sooooo?

Firstly, that's great that they are doing well. Be grateful you have healthy fry. I have had to euthanise many fry with deformities, including one who was conjoined. It doesn't get any easier.

Secondy-we shall stay positive. I released mine into the big tank a few hours ago, I saw them a few seconds after release and then no sign of them either-they will be like you say keeping a low pro, as they have went from fry only to a tank with adults. 
Yours will be the same hopefully. I am really hoping they are ok. I want to follow eclipses progress, I fell in love with him/her as soon as I saw him/her. 
I will say they are hiding, tomorrow you might catch a glimpse of them. 
Once again here's hoping :)

lolobunnz said:
Remember how I mentioned all my high fins were nervous and hiding all the time and how unusual it was? Found out...its ME! All of a sudden they are terrified of me! WHY! when I sit at the computer across the room I turn around and there they are all swimming and beatiful. But as soon as I get up they flutter to the brush! What the hell you guys. Fesh. What are you doin fesh. FESH. STAHP! uhg.

At least those tiny fry don't hate me yet
confused.gif

Even the male I moved to the tank is now doing it with them. Its not water changes I do those all the time they've been fine. I'm not prodding around the tank and messing with them sooooo?

They don't hate you. They probably think you are going to mess about with the tank. My baby platies were the same. I would be sitting next to the tank, on the sofa then if I moved that was it- quicker than the speed of light the fry disappeared. My female platy-their mum does the same thing. Usually the fish all come up to the top when I go near the big tank-not momma platy she dives behind the wisteria and watches until I go away. Even at feeding time, she hides and catches the flakes as they fall. Weird. 

They seem to be coming around again now. But they were hiding a day before I did the water change. But they are more normal now.

This is the third feeding and although I can spot no fry befire hand voila the 4 fry appear in the same spot and fill their bellies. Still no sign of eclipse and calypso.

The new male has now switched females and I would just LOVE those fry.

Skokie the original high fin who spawned all these high fins is ginormously pregnant. I hope to happen apon the tank right after she births and get a fee more fry from her.

I will soon be bagging up some adult non high fins to donate to my wonderful local fish shop that dedicates a lot of time and love to theor fish department and are well connected to their fish breeders.

A goid while from now I will be adopting out high fin fry on craigslist and the most exquisite ones on the fish ebay like site. I believe eventually they will all be yellowy red with black splotches and after they breed true they will be called monarch high fins :3. That's my dream. We will see.

Calypso, eclipse and the peach one are gone and the three spotty gray ones are thriving.

I know calypso , eclipse and the peach one are gone because I spotted 2 brand new fry!! I lifted and went thru every decoration and no sign of the before mentioned three fry :(.

I can't post pics of the new fry because silly me can't find the small gate to the outside breeder only the big gate which they will slip right thru. So the are in the net breeder. One is so skinny I don't think it'll make it. It looks way too skinny. We'll see.

So sorry to hear that. I wanted to follow calypsos progress, in the hope of an all black platy. 
rip.gif
little ones.

It was a great loss indeed. Tho I do try my best to trust in the saying, "everything happens for a reason." As my father taught me.

My 2 new fry are doing well! The one skinny babe has filled out quite nicely. Thank goodness. They are constantly swimming about the breeder, active and full of life. I hope to get a few pictures, but the net breeder just doesn't work like that :(

I've decided not to name these two yet. As you may know last time I did that thing when horrible awry :x.

I hope to get another outside breeder box and then also have the small gate again. The outside breeders are wonderful. Great pics to come today.

Water changes today as well. One day late on it. But I blame it on work putting me on night shift yesterday and early morning shift today!

Mom giving birth

20130618_180343-1_zpsd50f3dc5.jpg

20130618_180341_zps28af9bbe.jpg

Top pic the tail end of fry you can see at the edge of moms orangey anal fin. Long gre/brownish stick thing

One hour later it is birthed! Last one of the batch I presume!

20130618_182519-1_zps02fdf0d7.jpg

Look at that nutrient sack! Wasn't moving and wasn't sure it was alive since it was stuck in moms vent so long!
But after snapping another flash pic...
20130618_182523-1_zps4cb9e556.jpg

It moved! Its alive!

I took mom out and put a marimo moss ball in since the java moss is in the other breeder. I come back to gaze upon it and I can't find it! I look underneath to see if it squeezed under the moss ball and nothing! Check the grate to the out take to make sure its not stuck there...nope!

Well...it was just being wayyyy to obvious for me. Right on top in the middle of the moss ball. Too frig gin cute
20130618_201903_zps3c57aa74.jpg

I found three other fry today I suspect are hers. I think I wull move them in with this Lil fella. I have noted new born plary fry have more curvy heads. Newborn heads. Srry I stressed u out momma fish didn't know u were about done...thought u just started! Xoxox.

Aww great pics lolo! So cute! 

You know what sucks? I'm at work therefor I can't oggle my fish akl day long and nake syre newborns don't get stuck in the out take gate :(. I is sad panda berrr.
Holy crappy spelling batman! What's up auto correct?! Ur fired!

Lolo I have just put pics up in my journal of my first ever platies  I started the hobby with 2 years ago, they were all high fins. Have a squint if you're interested!

I will check it out! I love high fins so very much!

Here are my survivors. The three spotty fry from a month ago I think. They are being transfeted to the new fry tank with the 6 four day or so old fry! I seeded the filter with part of the spong from the 50 gallon and some bioballs from the 29 gallon :3.

20130623_195356-1_zps79a53838.jpg

20130623_195339-1_zps8f20253c.jpg

Aww they are just adorable I love their markings!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back