🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
How do I lock a thread as a member?

I‘m only asking because last time I tried to create a care sheet, a lot of other members came in a criticized my work. I didn’t really appreciate that.

I have recently been working on a plant profile. (On “Anacharis”)

@dascrow @Fishmanic @essjay @Deanasue @Donya

(And if I can’t, can I ask a Moderator to do it for me?)

Last edited:
It would be best to wait for one of the mods to reply, but I'll reply in the meantime. On the forums I've been on it wasn't possible to lock one as a member. A mod had to take care of it, I'd assume that's the same on this forum. Usually on the other forums you could just tag a mod and ask them to lock it.

I haven't seen the other care sheet you made or the replies it received, but constructive criticism is good though imo (if the replies were contructive). Especially if this is a care sheet that people may be making use of in the future.

Ok, thanks for your input.

Do tags already work? Because I’ve tagged all of the active moderators... ????

I don't think as a member you can. The tags should work :dunno:

That was it. Another member posted some unhelpful, arrogant responses. :/
Sorry to hear. I can understand wanting to lock the thread in that case, I'm sure people could just PM you if they see anything seriously wrong that may need correcting. Hopefully one of the mods will sort you out to lock the thread when they log on. Though I could also see why a mod might potentially not want a care sheet closed. I'm sure the care sheet will be good in either case.

@PheonixKingZ was it your betta care sheet? I did not see any rude or degrading posts in that one.

Here it is: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/betta-care-sheet.452390/

As you can see, I just wanted to make a very simple betta care sheet. Then another member corrected me with this super complicated “care sheet”. Other members agreed with him and it just went downhill from there. It all ended in a moderator locking the thread. :/

Here it is: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/betta-care-sheet.452390/

As you can see, I just wanted to make a very simple betta care sheet. Then another member corrected me with this super complicated “care sheet”. Other members agreed with him and it just went downhill from there. It all ended in a moderator locking the thread. :/
I see. It does not seem to me that they were trying to be rude, but I can understand how you feel that way :)

That thread has already been locked quite awhile ago by another mod. There is no way for a non-mod to lock a thread.

Locking a thread is rarely done unless members are being rude to others. If you post a guidance thread, be aware that others can input ideas and their experience into the thread and some may attempt to correct you if they see errors and they are able to back up their claims.

Ok, then may I please create a plant profile? (Then I will tag you. Then you can delete my post tagging you and then you can lock it?) If you don’t mind. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back