Local Fish Stores

5teady_2012

Here to help
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
4,660
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
Ever been in to a lfs and heard something funny, or stupid, one liners or conversations?

Post yours here...

Here is mine lol, this is a convo i heard about a non working air pump..


Customer: Yes thats right i set it all up, connected all the airline tubes, the airstones, plugged it in to the mains and put it all in the tank and turned it on, nothing works though, and all my electric went out, i think its faulty.

LFS owner: (whilst holding the pump) There is water dripping out of the pump love, did you use the non return valve?

Customer: all i did was put it all in the tank after following the setup instructions.

LFS: So you actually put the pump in the water as well?

Customer: Yes.

LFS: These air pumps are not made to go in to the water, thats where the problem has come from.

Customer: Is a refund out of the question then?



So funny lol...


Got be a classic.
 
:good: Classic Air Pump tale.!

> I was once waiting in the Q, when a woman was busy concluding her new tank set-up purchase. She was upset at not being able to add fish immediately so she asked if it would be O.k to 'cut some Carrotts up to look like fishes, until the water is ready!?'
The lad selling it chuckled, as I did- and off she went....to the Grocers.


Also heard a bloke asking if his 7yr old could keep a 'Nemo fish' in coldwater? (Best to ask first, I suppose)
 
I used to work for a pet store and this guy would come in every friday with a bag FULL of dead fish. I would test his water and explain to him that you cant put these in a 10 gallon
1. 2 tinfoil barbs
2. 2 bala sharks
3. 10 assorted tetras
4. 5 fancy guppies
5. Oscar
His water properties were OFF THE CHART. I told him every friday (by this time I knew him by his name) "sir you cannot keep all these fish in the small tank." He refused and always got the same fish every friday and giving me the dead ones from the previous week. Well I worked for a BIG pet store so the policy was we took them in no matter what. Well I got tired of doing this for 5 weeks and finally begged my manager to do something, so they had to ban him from the pet store.
 
I would say... why the hell did you sell him more fish after the second time he killed the fish? I can understand the first time... maybe he just didnt know... but after the second one... Geroge W says it the best:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
 
I would say... why the hell did you sell him more fish after the second time he killed the fish? I can understand the first time... maybe he just didnt know... but after the second one... Geroge W says it the best:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Store policy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top