Lobster With No Claws And No Legs! Pics.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mine usually eats hers within 3-4 days at the most.....I dont think it would do the water any harm, how long is it since he shed?

I can't belive I never saw this thread! Wow! He is making a big come back! Though it sux you have to keep on taking your lobsters back cause they keep attacking each other.

I remember seeing this post a while back. I came back to it tonight as I have an albino crayfish that only has one leg and one claw left. He's on his back. Its encouraging to know there is a chance I can help him survive. I'll have to figure out this hand feeding bit I believe.

I remember seeing this post a while back. I came back to it tonight as I have an albino crayfish that only has one leg and one claw left. He's on his back. Its encouraging to know there is a chance I can help him survive. I'll have to figure out this hand feeding bit I believe.

It can be done, obviously I've had 'some' experience in this! :) If you have any queries just ask, I have no probs helping out at all.

And Wanda, thank you very much, it's most appreciated. :*)

Thanks a lot for the offer, I will keep that in mind. So far so good. He's eating plenty and even finding a way to stay right side up most of the time. I tore off a small piece of craft netting, and he uses it to right himself.

Yeah, at first they can be a bit helpless but they start to get the hang of it. Mine started rocking from side to side to get back up. Felt sorry for her when she would move and fall back on to her back again. Poor things! Do you have a picture of him?

lol those pics are cool... poor little guy...... but yea I'm glad you didn't kill the poor little thing.

I don't have a picture yet, perhaps I could get one. He or she, I haven't looked yet honestly, still just has the one leg and one claw, but seems to be doing very well, even managing to spend most of the time on its belly. The 2nd one with only 3 legs moulted, and has about 6 or 7 legs, so almost healed, though I will still keep it isolated until a week after the next moult.

Ah, very good, it sounds like s/he's coming along nicely. Mine's doing alot better, just about about to walk, getting around plenty and eating well.

Most reactions

Back