Llj's 8G Oceanic Biocube

Those new ones look amazing!

You have to keep breaking the rules - it's the only way that progress in new directions can be made! 10 years ago people would have said that you were crazy for trying a small tank without a skimmer and just using LR and a Fuge!

C'mon tell us what the fish is - I can guarantee I have done worse.

Is it....

Dwarf angel?
Eel?
cowfish?
maybe a small shark?

no, no - I know it's a parrotfish isn't it?

Looking good Lissette, what fish are you putting in?

Yes what fish? Don't leave us hanging!

Hm are we gonna see a sun coral in this tank? :shifty:

No, but check out this sun coral I saw at the new coral boutique I go to now. This is the same guy who gave me that rare corallimorph for my biotope. This is ultimate sun sickness. He'll give me a frag of these for my nps tank...

065a7642.jpg

<3 this tank!

I love it too, it's awesome. I like all of my tanks for different reasons. This is just the sick collection tank. Where I go for color and coolness factor. My old 8g is technically my oldest tank. My nps is well my nps, and my biotope is beautiful for it's wildness and accuracy. They are all different but fun.

Looking good Lissette, what fish are you putting in?

Hehehe... ;)

Yes what fish? Don't leave us hanging!

Hehehe, some more...

Those new ones look amazing!

Thank you, it just gets sicker. Look what's on hold for me at the lfs. I'll pick it up in a few weeks.

40b3bd74.jpg

Oh yes, Aussie Elegance anyone? At the bargain price of $30 and perfectly pico-sized. Perfect for that little walled corner I've got where his little stinging tentacles can't harm my other children and there is gentle flow and it's low in the tank. Oh, I did my research. This is Borneman's Corals at work. Oh and while we're at it... The big mama, lucky is the person who gets this in their tank. 12" inches of pure Elegance.

117c9baf.jpg

Also got an ORA Green birdnest and a Bird of Paradise birdsnest.

You have to keep breaking the rules - it's the only way that progress in new directions can be made! 10 years ago people would have said that you were crazy for trying a small tank without a skimmer and just using LR and a Fuge!

Agreed, lots of advances in the hobby recently. LEDs are still relatively new. Owner of the LFS was shocked to see the chaeto that comes out of my LED lit fuge, he had been using Compact Flourescents and was extremely impressed with the quality of my chaeto. NPS in a pico, anyone? 50-75% weekly water changes in a pico. Yes, a lot of standard reef rules are being broken with great success. But, I always say, learn the basic rules first, then figure out how they can be bent without compromising the health of the organisms. And always be prepared for anything. Always have quarantine (got mine now), always have extra buckets of RO and SW. You never know when you'll have an emergency. Always check your heaters. This isn't an easy hobby in that respect. You have to think of everything.

C'mon tell us what the fish is - I can guarantee I have done worse.

Haha, probably, you got a lot more years in the salty side than I do. :lol:

Is it....

Dwarf angel? - Nope I don't want nothing eating ma corals!
Eel? - I don't want nothing eating my scallop!
cowfish? - I don't want nothing potentially killing my tank, they's is toxic.
maybe a small shark? - nah, I don't want nothing that can mebbe eat me!

no, no - I know it's a parrotfish isn't it?

Hahaha, no, again, I spend my monies on corals to look at, not to feed a parrot fish.

This is much more harmless. He's a digger, very colorful, and I'm already quite familiar the type of fish. A stunner and quite pricey. Rare in my neck of the woods. He was sitting in the LFS for 2 months. I brought him home today.

A blue-spotted jawfish (Opistognathus rosenblatti) - A Mexican cousin to my Caribbean Pearly jawfish.

bb3508d0.jpg

He's acclimating now. Awesome fish. Thanks for looking. Haha, I'm prepared for his brand of aquascaping. LOLOLOL

L

oh wow that fish is drop dead gorgeous :p

And I'll tell you, he'd be dead on the floor all crispy already if it wasn't for the hood on this thing. Also, the fish saver helps too, cause I'm pretty sure he'd have jumped into the fuge by now. He's a Mexican jumping bean alright (they are from Mexico). Super skittish. He's better, the first day was very stressful. Well, he basically lived in a kritter keepr in a display tank for 2 months so his fins wouldn't be damaged. He has a lot more space, but now he has to deal with rocks, corals and lights. It's a bit different. He's also not constructing his burrow like I thought he would. This one will need some time. He needs to learn how to be a jawfish. I think he forgot. He takes mysis though and will get a nice big feeding tonight. He'll have to learn to get over it. My other jawfish now comes to my hand because he knows I'm feeding him. This one will do so as well. Only a matter of time. I'll post a picture of him tonight.

L

Ok work is kinda slow. I got a picture of him last night.

def225ad.jpg

And lousy iphone video.

Still a really skittish fish. I'll give him time.

L

Thanks Biulu. He seems to like to be behind the green star polyps. These are pretty harmless corals. I wish he'd dig the burrow already.

I'm just worried about him not having a retreat. Right now he darts about rather than go to a nice secure hiding place. It's not normal for a jawfish. I may toss in some critters. This helped my panda goby come out. Seeing animals around that don't seem scared can calm a skittish fish.

L

He is a really great looking fish!! the colours in your tank are absolutely amazing!! :good:

Dave

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back