Llj's 8G Oceanic Biocube

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

So sorry for your loss =(.

I do look forward to seeing your new frags! I love this tank. It is so full of vibrant color.

-Tyler

Looking forward to seeing these!

Stop grading those papers - the students can wait - I can't!

OK, ok! You talked me into it! I'll post some pictures now. :lol:

So sorry for your loss =(.

I do look forward to seeing your new frags! I love this tank. It is so full of vibrant color.

-Tyler

Yeah, I was sorry about Mantequilla too. I'm taking a break from fish for this tank for a bit. I have the firefish and he's doing great so far.

Thanks, Tyler, I'm glad you like the colors. I like them too. Ok, before ainsy goes nuts...

FRAG TIME!! :yahoo:

So here they are in their cups, yes these are urine specimen cups, and yes hobbyists use them. These were not used! :lol: SWEAR!!

3c6e1723.jpg

17cbe78e.jpg

The God of wars, Purple people eaters and frostbites

8fff701c.jpg

The hornets and the green people eaters.

57483bcf.jpg

The frostbites are already open. Pictured are another type of zoa and a paly, red, so purty. Must get them id'd. I got those at the big frag sale at the LFS.

0c7dc500.jpg

Hornets all open, guys the camera does not do this justice. The color is SICK, SICK, SICK! A perfect complement to my wobblegong wows.

c37a27e9.jpg

L

Breeeaaathe and Reeeelax! Ok You have managed to calm me down and fulfilled my need for eye candy! :lol:

Those hornets are amazing!

Do the frostbites pop under the actinics?

Looking forward to seeing the others when they come out to play.

Breeeaaathe and Reeeelax! Ok You have managed to calm me down and fulfilled my need for eye candy! :lol:

Good because we don't want any coronaries on my watch. :lol:

Those hornets are amazing!

I think they are stunning. He had other hornets, but those caught my attention.

Do the frostbites pop under the actinics?

Actually they just get more blue. I for some reason really liked them. These may or may not stay in this tank. They may go somewhere else, but they'll reside here until then.

Looking forward to seeing the others when they come out to play.

They are stunning, they opened fully at about 11:30pm. But I was too tired to take pictures, I actually fell asleep at 8:30pm and woke up at 11:30pm. Stared at the tank and :drool: for a bit, then promptly went back to bed. I've been very exhausted lately with finals. Once things calm down, I'll give this tank the HD treatment.

The God of Wars are something else. I hope they grow fast and I have plenty. They are very beautiful.

WOW absolutely HUGE polyps! These are wonderul. I will have to beg you to frag that red one some day for sure. Oh btw how is the fragging with the ricordea coming?

-Tyler

WOW absolutely HUGE polyps! These are wonderul. I will have to beg you to frag that red one some day for sure. Oh btw how is the fragging with the ricordea coming?

-Tyler

It'll happen next week, I'm sorry Tyler. :( I'm supposed to be grading exams now. :look:

I'll keep you posted when the polyps are ready for fragging. It'll be a while, but my goodness! Can you imagine a colony of God of Wars? That would be something else.

I had a bit of an accident yesterday, I know, it never stops with this tank. The Hydor flow fell off the connection and it knocked an ORA green birdsnest frag down. So it's stuck in a crevice until I can get home today. Fortunately the firefish was nowhere near and is fine. I may actually reglue the ORA and move him to my old 8g. There is still a nice frag of it in the tank and I can see this coral in the old 8g too.

I also have to mount my acans. I'd like to see them on the rock, especially the acan lord. They won't spread unless there's rock to spread too.

I'm supposed to be grading exams now.

Erg...that's next week for me. :sick:

Random question since you have acans: is there an easy way to tell what is an acan lord (Acanthastrea lordhowensis) vs. some other acan species? This has boggled me for a while and I still can't tell the difference a lot of times when I see them at stores.

I'm supposed to be grading exams now.

Erg...that's next week for me. :sick:

Random question since you have acans: is there an easy way to tell what is an acan lord (Acanthastrea lordhowensis) vs. some other acan species? This has boggled me for a while and I still can't tell the difference a lot of times when I see them at stores.

Hi Donya, my goodness. I still have one school to do. When I first got my acans, I did some reading. I normally don't link to other forums, but this article helped me out quite a bit, since Borneman doesn't really cover acans in his book. I have it book marked, here it is.

http://www.reefersparadise.com/smf/index.php?topic=233.0

This is how I'm pretty sure I've got A. lordowensis. They like moderate flow and rather low placement in the tank, especially if you have MH.

L

PS: Today's accident. The Hydor flo falls again, this time on my Elegance. Time to move the elegance or replace the hydor flow. Elegance is a bit puffed up. I think it tried to eat the Hydor flo. :S It look ok, though, no tissue damage. I also think it's stinging my acan, so the acan will probably be moved tomorrow. Oh! It never ends with these tanks!

Urgh....ok I can tell a couple apart now, but I'm still at A. lordhowensis vs. A. bowerbanki vs. A. hillae = :S

I may well look at the same set of pics a year from now and think "oh well of course you can tell them apart by blah blah blah," but I am not there yet LOL.

Urgh....ok I can tell a couple apart now, but I'm still at A. lordhowensis vs. A. bowerbanki vs. A. hillae = :S

I may well look at the same set of pics a year from now and think "oh well of course you can tell them apart by blah blah blah," but I am not there yet LOL.

I was that way too in the beginning. It's a lot to digest. It's a good read though.

L

My firefish is being stung by my elegance. He's ok, just a very dumb firefish. *sigh* My lps are sting zoas too, as are my sps. Poor zoas... But on a very cool note.

I got a new fishy.

A Tanaka's Pygmy wrasse. It is very cute and already doing very wrasse-like things...

Here he is in his baggy...

ad2142b0.jpg

Oh boy did he look awful after I acclimated him, super pale, but... give him an hour of hiding and look who comes out to play... All red and purty. :lol: probably the last time I'll see him, in typical wrasse fashion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOyEf5QkqKE

L

He looks very cool!!! Can I ask what that coral is that looks like an anemone? Me gusta!!!!!

Is it easy to take care of? Was it expensive? I'd like one of them if I get a pico reef :hyper:

hes cool never seen those before ive been thinking of a wrasse need to read up on them

your duncans amazing so much better than mine

Most reactions

Back