Liverbird's New Fishless Cycle

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow I think that looks really nice! Is your tank only the same size as mine? It looks loads bigger!

I have no dead leaves at the moment!* :)

*coz last night I took every plant out of my tank, cut all dead leaves off, trimmed roots and re-planted!

Wow. I think it looks pretty good. Are the plants plastic or silk or a mixture. Some of them are extremely realistic. Where did you find such a nice variety?

Wow. I think it looks pretty good. Are the plants plastic or silk or a mixture. Some of them are extremely realistic. Where did you find such a nice variety?

Only two are silk, and they are the two in the furthest corner next to the heater; the rest (she says cringing) are......god I hate to say it......plastic
blush.gif
blush.gif
I got them all from .......here she goes cringing again.......Pets At Home.

Morning Caz. Yep my tank is the same size as yours. Fingers crossed with the plants. My nitrites are virtually undetectable this morning so hopefully might be able to get a couple of Gourami's on Saturday. Knowing my luck though they will all be sold by then.

Without a doubt the best fake planted aquarium I have seen. I had to read the replies to work out that they were indeed plastic :lol:

Is the wood real?

I wouldn't mind a piece similar to that if it is

J

i would add some live plants, will help your stats in the future.

otherwise, looking good :good:

Does anyone fancy coming round and scaping my tank for me? I obviously have no idea!

I love how clean and inviting your new sand looks.

It won't stay like that! *evil laugh*

Caz your tank is lovely as it is....pity me when I have to try to get around all those plants to try to syphon out all the poo....oh and it's thanks to you and si that I changed to the sand so a massive thank you for that. Will probably be doing sand cleans every few days to keep it clean though lol

Londonguy, the wood.......erm....how do I put this........lol.......yeah you guessed it.......it's fake too !! Well at least I can't say i was half-hearted in my approach lol.

Beth I love those fish, saw some on Ebay for sale but he only had a male and a female. Not sure if it's correct but read i needed two females to one male. They are stunning though. Not sure I wil easily be able to source any though. Hope all is looking better with your fish today too.

if your tank is well planted, you could get away with 1 male and 1 female, there are some available on aquatic advertiser. it's a serious case of really looking for them, not many people breed them here. but they are fantastic looking fish!

my fish are a lot better, tank has settled, readings were back down this morning, although ph fluttered to 7,5 from 8 but that isn't an issue with the fish i have left, just glad my bettas survived! i'm spoiling them with proper live blood worm tonight :lol:

Cheers Beth, i'll check out that website. So glad the fish are well now. That was such a worrying time. I felt so bad for you i'm just relieved for you that things are much better for you now. Are you planning to buy any more fish ??

Cheers Beth, i'll check out that website. So glad the fish are well now. That was such a worrying time. I felt so bad for you i'm just relieved for you that things are much better for you now. Are you planning to buy any more fish ??

yup, want my apistos but will wait for the tank to be matured before adding any more fish, i can't go through losing half of them again.

thankyou for your thoughts x

yup, want my apistos but will wait for the tank to be matured before adding any more fish, i can't go through losing half of them again.

thankyou for your thoughts x

Yeah probably wise; you don't wanna have to go through all that stress and upset all over again. Better to be over-cautious. Oh and you're very welcome. x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back