Live Rock?

I've never boiled rocks either.... If I found some I liked I would take them home, soak them in hot water, scrub them a little to get any dirt and such off... and then in the tank with them.... although, if you are not so sure about the limestone, vinegar will help you determine those.
Okay thanks!

Yup, I have heard about the vinegar test before.

Thanks
-FHM
 
I would boil the rock to make sure it is not harboring any diseases or fish ect. If you want to raise your PH, buy a little bag of crushed coral, and try to fit it in your filter. Ot you can use sea shells.
 
I would boil the rock to make sure it is not harboring any diseases or fish ect. If you want to raise your PH, buy a little bag of crushed coral, and try to fit it in your filter. Ot you can use sea shells.


Someone did not read up on the dangers of boiling rocks :rolleyes:
lol.... :lol:

Yeah I am not going to boil them, unless it is in the summer and I do it outside and I stand very far away...lol.

-FHM
 
My recommendation is to do it using your neighbors grill... And run back to your place to have a beer, when you hear the explosion, its time to get your rocks!
LOL :lol:

Thats a brilliant idea!

I might have to take that into consideration!

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top