Live Plants in my 55 gallon aquarium!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dmpfishlover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Below are some pictures of of my 55 gallon aquarium after planting the aquatic plants that arrived in the mail today from Jacob's Aquarium. Some of the plants were purchased from a different supplier, but most were obtained from Jacob's Aquarium. I haven't been on TFF for a while because I've been pretty busy... My daughter just got her driver's permit, so all she wants to do is drive around... Lol... Anyway, I am so excited to take my aquarium to the next level with live plants!!! I will be adding fish next week.... I can't wait!! :yahoo:
IMG_20200718_232015241.jpg
IMG_20200718_232123533.jpg
IMG_20200718_232015241.jpg
IMG_20200718_232136661.jpg

Some lovely bits of wood in there too, bit jealous!

Some lovely bits of wood in there too, bit jealous!
It took me four trips to different Pet Stores, one which is almost an hour away, and a posting on Craigslist to collect all of the driftwood. For some reason driftwood was hard to find... I don't know if it is because or the Pandemic, or if it is just my location and the stores around me. It took me over a month to collect it all!

It took me four trips to different Pet Stores, one which is almost an hour away, and a posting on Craigslist to collect all of the driftwood. For some reason driftwood was hard to find... I don't know if it is because or the Pandemic, or if it is just my location and the stores around me. It took me over a month to collect it all!
The driftwood is absolutely gorgeous!

It is hard to find decent priced driftwood around me to. Mist big pieces like that would have cost me $40 - $50 each. :dunno:

The driftwood is absolutely gorgeous!

It is hard to find decent priced driftwood around me to. Mist big pieces like that would have cost me $40 - $50 each. :dunno:
Agreed! I had to really shop around. I did get lucky though on Craigslist. I posted that I was looking for driftwood and a man responded saying that he had several pieces he didn't need anymore and sent me pictures. I asked how much he wanted, and he said I could have them for free and he refused to take any money for them. I wouldn't have been able to add as much driftwood as I have in the tank otherwise.

I'm constantly on the lookout for the right pieces of wood for the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back